PDA

View Full Version : Slow and steady wins the race

Locke
January 17th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I have tried so many different solution for a server on all kinds of PCs. When someone asks me what they should use, Linux is the first thing out of my mouth. But the distro is usually the hard part, i have to sit down with a list of their system specs and tell them the distro they want. Now, by far, Ubuntu wasn't exactly made 100% for servers, but after getting it work flawlessly on a Pentium 200 MHz, i have absolutely no doubts, i now use it on my desktop and on MY server, i can't exactly say it's perfect, but it's the closest thing i've found for old and new computers alike, ESPECIALLY for beginners. Sorry, not really much of a point to this post, so just thought you deserved your praises.

aysiu
January 17th, 2006, 05:42 AM
When someone asks me what they should use, Linux is the first thing out of my mouth. But the distro is usually the hard part, i have to sit down with a list of their system specs and tell them the distro they want. How about directing them to this link?
http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/

briancurtin
January 17th, 2006, 07:06 AM
i was just going to say he was looking for servers, not desktops, but they updated that quiz to include servers. cool