PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libcurl3

Ichinenjuu
June 10th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I'm new to Linux; I just installed Ubuntu today, so I don't know anything. Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question. What does "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libcurl3" mean?

I was trying to install Adobe Flash Player and that's what came up.

What am I doing wrong?

ibutho
June 11th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. What exactly did you do (i.e. commands, actions you took etc) before getting the error message?

You could try the instructions here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/) for installing flash and other plugins.

Ichinenjuu
June 11th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I did Click here to install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package (apt:ubuntu-restricted-extras?section=universe?section=multiverse)
and then tried installing it again, but I got a different error. I downloaded the plugin and clicked "Install Package" and then it says "could not download all required files" and the details say "Failed to lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock". What's going on?

bg26892
June 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. What exactly did you do (i.e. commands, actions you took etc) before getting the error message?

You could try the instructions here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/) for installing flash and other plugins.

This link on the page appears broken...
Click here to install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package (apt:ubuntu-restricted-extras?section=universe?section=multiverse)

ibutho
June 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I did Click here to install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package (apt:ubuntu-restricted-extras?section=universe?section=multiverse)
and then tried installing it again, but I got a different error. I downloaded the plugin and clicked "Install Package" and then it says "could not download all required files" and the details say "Failed to lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock". What's going on?

On the link I provided above, try the instructions for Ubuntu 8.10, 8.04 and 7.10. They should work even on 9.04.

Partyboi2
June 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Failed to lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
Hi Ichinenjuu,
This happens when trying to use another package manager (gdebi apt-get, synaptic. update-manager) while one is already open. You can only have one one running at a time.

Razor338
December 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM
i used to get this error when installing limewire pro.The problem was i didn't download java runtime environment!

Razor338
December 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
i used to get this error when installing limewire pro.The problem was i didn't download java runtime environment!

guntario
May 7th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Thank you for mentioning that you need to install Java. This solved the problem. I installed Java runtime 6.