PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu wont work on my laptop

bavman
June 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I downloaded the iso for ubuntu 9.04 because i wanted to try it on my laptop. I than burned it onto a cd and rebooted my computer and hit the "try without changing anything". When it started up the bottom and top bars kept appearing and disappearing every second or so. but the background was there with the install and example icons. So i burned another cd, but the same problem occured. and my touchpad and keyboared didnt work either. So i checked the integrety of the cd..and it said found errors on 1 file. But im sure the iso downloaded correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

I also tryed wubi but durring the installation it said some error occured...and my touchpad and keyboard didnt work either.

presence1960
June 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I downloaded the iso for ubuntu 9.04 because i wanted to try it on my laptop. I than burned it onto a cd and rebooted my computer and hit the "try without changing anything". When it started up the bottom and top bars kept appearing and disappearing every second or so. but the background was there with the install and example icons. So i burned another cd, but the same problem occured. and my touchpad and keyboared didnt work either. So i checked the integrety of the cd..and it said found errors on 1 file. But im sure the iso downloaded correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

I also tryed wubi but durring the installation it said some error occured...and my touchpad and keyboard didnt work either.

If you have errors on the disk it is not ever going to work correctly.
I would download the iso again and try to use a torrent if possible instead of a mirror. When you burn the iso to a CD-R burn it at the slowest possible speed (preferably 4x).