PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome Panel messed up after repairing broken Firefox

densou
June 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I was not aware of broken FF 3.0.10 so I had to fix it by myself [a complete purge and re-install]

The next day, FF worked well but I noticed Gnome Panel had issues with menu's translation : some lines had right localization and the remaining ones were stuck into English (but I'm NOT the only user of this desktop so I need to have the full localization asap :o ]

already tried:
*updating GNOME from PPAs* [not from scratch, it always fail 'make' or 'install' when I try -_- ]
*another kernel*
*set LC_ALL LANG LANGUAGE into /etc/environment*
*dpkg-reconfigure locales* (I still have us.US UTF-8 in the first line of terminal output, I erased the right folder in Nautilius but nothing happened)

any clue ????

:confused:](*,)[-o<

densou
June 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM
bump :(

psyke83
June 12th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Before you proceed, create a new user account, log in to that new user's account, and see if the panel is working correctly.

If it works correctly for the new account, it's likely that have a problem with your panel's user configuration - resetting the settings should help.

You can reset the panel configuration by removing the following folders:

~/.gconf/apps/panel
~/.gnome2/panel2.d

BACKUP these files/folders before deleting.

I also don't recommend that you use third-party packages/builds for the panel, keep everything to defaults.

densou
June 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
thanks lad/mate,
already tried your advice yesterday and nothing happened. ;)

I tried also to restore GNOME default packages (deleted actual configuration after a backup) but :(