PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] security update crashes ubuntu cant use any hardware or internet

itslindseytime
June 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
ok so i just did a security update and it didnt work, i clicked on on update and it would grey out and then it would the button would ungrey and nothing happened. i was also downloading some torrents using vuze. everything was fine, i restarted, and now none of my hardware works, i cant use my mini sd cards, usb devices, or internet wireless or with the wire. i tried to fix it in the boot loader by using fix broken packages or whatevr and i tried having it scan for problems. and i have no problem with reinstalling ubuntu but i cant get any of my files off of it because i cant send anything to any usb device or upload it online or even burn a dvd. the dvd burner is the only thing that works but i keep getting errrors when i try to burn it and its at 100% it says errors. so i tried to use the dvd anyways to see if it still worked, and no it didnt. i really dont wanna lose all my stuff that i cant get back, any ideas???

can i get to my data through my duel boot of windows vista? cause everything on vista works fine. uhhh i feel like im gunna cry!