PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu install top Flash, works on 4gb fails on 16gb...

Mouldiwarp
June 10th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hi,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to Ubuntu, I have a good dual boot system at home working well, but, have a full installation of Ubuntu (not a live install...) on a USB flash pen for use with my corporate systems. I have performed the build many times and never had any problems, set up runs like a charm with no errors, but, when I try and perform the install to my new 16gb Corsair flash pen, i get the dreaded Grub Error 21 message. Following the very same procedure on my Cruzer 4gb pen it works with no problems. 4gb is not much use as it soon runs out of space so I am about to use a Fedora live CD to try and replace the GRUB MBR install on my 16gb pen as I have read in many places that these errors are common, and one or two places have had sucess using non Ubuntu release grub installs....

I would really like to understand (if possible) what the hell is going on here and why it would be behaving so differently between flash pens... Any idea's greatly appreciated...??:) or any idea's how else I can approach this problem.... lilo perhaps??