PDA

View Full Version : just learning ubuntu

______ARMY______
June 10th, 2009, 03:10 AM
A friend started me on linux ubuntu and so far as i can tell it is better than windows as far as i can tell i know there is a lot i do not know on or about ubuntu yet and there will always be something to learn about it as it keeps getting better as the years go on but i am a slow learner becouse of my acadent i do not spell that well or learn as fast as others do but i know as long as i keep trying i will avenchaly get it i was rather suprized most linux distros do not coust as to aposed as windows dues which is one of the good points of linux and it is open sorce is another good point which the best point of all linux users help others faster and more out to help other users i should say than windows suport will that is the point that realy sold me on linux ubuntu and now i am almost all linux on my pc's like i sayed befor that i know that i have a lot to learn on it and i am willing to learn all i can if some one has the time and the pashents lol to teach me what ever they are willing to teach lolbut i do think that over all linux distroes is better than all windows ty ______ARMY______

ninja_numbnuts
June 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM
A friend started me on linux ubuntu and so far as i can tell it is better than windows as far as i can tell i know there is a lot i do not know on or about ubuntu yet and there will always be something to learn about it as it keeps getting better as the years go on but i am a slow learner becouse of my acadent i do not spell that well or learn as fast as others do but i know as long as i keep trying i will avenchaly get it i was rather suprized most linux distros do not coust as to aposed as windows dues which is one of the good points of linux and it is open sorce is another good point which the best point of all linux users help others faster and more out to help other users i should say than windows suport will that is the point that realy sold me on linux ubuntu and now i am almost all linux on my pc's like i sayed befor that i know that i have a lot to learn on it and i am willing to learn all i can if some one has the time and the pashents lol to teach me what ever they are willing to teach lolbut i do think that over all linux distroes is better than all windows ty ______ARMY______

*Out of digital breath*

Firestem4
June 10th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Welcome to Ubuntu and Linux in general. I am glad you enjoy it. I have too since i started using Linux in december.

One of the best things about Linux in my opinion, if you ever need help. there i no better place than the support-threads on this forum. Especially the Absolute Beginners Thread. If you ahve any problems, ask there and someone will certainly try their best to help.

jbruced
June 10th, 2009, 03:15 AM
You have a great attitude, and now you have a great operating system.

Welcome!

Can I help in any way?

ad_267
June 10th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Good to hear you're enjoying the freedom of Linux and learning a new operating system. You can learn a lot reading through these forums and feel free to ask for help on anything :)

BlazeFire247
June 10th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Glad you like using Ubuntu! If you need any help, you can always come to the forums and ask :) .

rookcifer
June 10th, 2009, 04:12 AM

avenchaly just made my day.

But, on a serious note, good luck with your Linux endeavors. If you need help, plenty of people here to do so.

Wiebelhaus
June 10th, 2009, 04:18 AM
______ARMY______

You in the Army? down in San Antonio?

/Salute!

We appreciate your service!

And I'm willing to help you in anyway I can , Welcome aboard mate!

slaeyer
June 11th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hey army. . . welcome!

LookTJ
June 11th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I hope you enjoy Linux.

CJ Master
June 11th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Hmm. Welcome!