PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Install edubuntu from iso or sd card?

kekalizarazo
June 10th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Hello. I've been struggling all day trying to install edubuntu in an acer one with ubuntu 8.10. (I didn't install 9.04 because some of the things that I changed didn't work on it)
I tried to install from an usb, by using unebootin for ubuntu. It copied the file but the install doesn't run when I plug it to the pc.
ALso tried mounting the iso file with gisomount, again I can see the files but there's no install.
My last resort was to try and make it from an sd card,. again with the unebootin copied the iso file to the sd card, I can see the files but I can't run the install.
Right now I'm downloading the edubuntu-desktop, But I wan't to keep my ubuntu "looks".
Any suggestions?
Is there a way to install edubuntu from the iso file?

wpshooter
June 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM
From what you are saying, is it correct to assume that you do not have a CD drive on this computer ?

kekalizarazo
June 10th, 2009, 01:52 AM
No. Acer aspire one is a netbook and it doesn't have cdrom drive. It has 4 usb drives and 2 card readers

wpshooter
June 10th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Is that the only computer you have ?

kekalizarazo
June 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM
No. I have a dell 1420 running ubuntu 904. Which is where I downloaded the edubuntu iso for the other one.

kekalizarazo
June 10th, 2009, 02:36 AM
... still downloading edubuntu-desktop

presence1960
June 10th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I know you said you are using 8.10. I am using 9.04 on my daughter's machine and mine. I install edubuntu from add/remove programs under applications. When the menu comes up highlight education & all edubuntu programs including desktop will be in right pane. tick the ones you want and install from there. Maybe 8.10 is different but that is how I did it from 9.04

kekalizarazo
June 10th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Thank you. But sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop solved my problem!