PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Open Office / Acrobat Files

dwanders
June 9th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I used Open Office to create a digital form and then converted it to a PDf. I lost the External hard-drive that was holding the original ODT but I still have numerous copies of the PDF lying around that were all created by OpenOffice. I am wondering if there is way to reverse this process and get my OpenOffice back from the PDF so I don't need to re-create the file. Any help is greatly appreciated. ):P

dwanders
June 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Have tried KWord (Blows up when I try to open the PDF). :shock:

Tried PDFedit - and it appears to be opening the file for editing, might mess around with this a bit \\:D/ but I would really like to get it in OO format so I am using something familiar.

I realise that this has been asked a ton of times on the Internet, but I was hoping my scenario was just a tiny bit different :-k considering that the PDF was created with OO - I was thinking it just stands to reason if it can spit it out, it could do something with it (I am beginning to think :-? this is more like creating an image file than a doc format or something).

Again - thanks in advance for any suggestions or inputs - I have about 1/2 of an old unfinished form that I can use as a starting point - but anyone else that has created a form knows they dont want to have to do it again if its not necessary! ](*,)

Playing with those face things too! Thanks

Chronon
June 10th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Does this help? http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Pdf_Import_Extension

dwanders
June 10th, 2009, 02:56 AM
That looks very promising, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get the extension working?