PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation not recognising hard drives at 'stage 4'

GingersK
June 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi

I'm trying to install ubuntu on my computer. I have tried using the live install CD, installing straight from the CD and the alternative installer.

I keep bumping into the same problems. For some reason ubuntu wont recognise my hard drive (samsgung 250GB SATA) and therefore will never let me past 'stage 4' on the graphical install. At that stage 4 it shows no hard drives at all, so I can't define where to install.

I've read around and not foundanything that will work, so any suggestions will be welcomed.

Kurt

System: A8V-XE Motherboard
2GB 333 RAM
250GA samsung SATA HD
IDE Pioneer DVD-Drive
Radon x550

Therion
June 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Is everything copasetic when you run the LiveCD, meaning you can run the OS, get online, launch applications, et. al.?

GingersK
June 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
yes, I can confirm that the live CD works perfectly well, with the internet etc. The only problem is that it is unable to detect hard my hard drives.

I just have no idea, I've used Fedora core without these issues before but I'm really keen on giving Ubuntu a try.

GingersK
June 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Well I've managed to install Ubuntu with a very long work around.

I installed Ubuntu 8.04 (having to use all_generic_ide to get it to install)
then upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04. A hastle but at least its working now.

It has caused another problem, but it'll make more sense to create a second thread for it.

Kurt