PDA

View Full Version : Wubi question

crimlaw
June 9th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Am I able to install Netbook remix through a Wubi? I ran the download for the .img file, downloaded the little ripper program to put the .img on a jump drive. When in windows, and I click on the jump drive, I see an option for Wubi, but when I double click on it, nothing happens. I booted up the remix from the usb as a live cd. Is my only option to partition?

Also, what are people's brief opinions of this as an OS. Any substitute for the full desktop version? Anything particularly interesting about it?

Thanks!!!

crimlaw
June 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
after exiting the live cd option, reentering windows, and attempting a wubi installation again, it still does nothing.

Maybe I will attempt to download from another provider off of the main site.

crimlaw
June 10th, 2009, 01:59 AM
ok, I have tried downloading from three different places now, I have reformatted my jump each time, and I still cannot get the wubi to work. Anyone have any idea what is going on???

crimlaw
June 11th, 2009, 03:20 AM
did I post this under the wrong category?

lisati
June 11th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I'm not sure but suspect that Wubi uses ".iso" files in preference to ".img" files

edit: p.s. might be better in the "installation" section of the forums.

crimlaw
June 11th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Good point with the .iso format. I will have to search around and see if I can find one. Only .img are available from the main site.

Thanks for the advice. If I can figure out how to move a post, I will move it to installation.