PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu upgrade

mars2010
June 9th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I think this the place to talk about this. I have send this message to Ubuntu webmaster.It is just something we have to think. Any comments or suggestions will be great.

I am using Ubuntu since version 7.10. This was the first time I used linux. And I liked then I upgraded to Hardy and after some adjustments it worked fine. But if I try to upgrade to intrepid or jaunty, I have a beeping. First during initialization then after follow some instructions from the forums it stopped. But if I try to watch a video the beep starts. In Hardy there is no beeping and codecs and videos work very good. I did not use intrepid because of that. I am afraid when I upgrade the Hardy for the new Ubuntu-LTS I will have the same problem. My computer is a TOSHIBA Dynabook AMD-Intel ATI video board. I suggest to really look up about this matter.

kpkeerthi
June 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Try the live cds

mars2010
June 10th, 2009, 02:13 AM
I can try the live CD but is in opposite way of the whole point of upgrade.Anyway thank you for answering.

Bölvağur
June 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM
On the jaunty live cd I had some annoying beeps... well it was more of a constant noise.
It stopped at a random timing and wasnt on the installation.

btw intel motherboard