PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lost boot of installed OS on Primary HD, when installing Ubuntu to Internal Flash HD

sendblink23
June 9th, 2009, 04:30 AM
*UPDATE FORGET ABOUT THIS ISSUE* Going to make a whole new thread that is different
HELP ME HERE - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1182504

Well here is the issue.. not that much normal

In this Acer 3680 Laptop I'm on has installed in the Primary HD (160gb) Mac OS X

And well this lappy also has an integrated Flash HD(15gb)

So, I thought for curiosity that I could simply install LinuxMint 7 *its based on Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04)* using Entire HD Installation/Partition setting only selecting the Integrated Flash HD

I never expected that when finished installing, and booting up.. it would go directly to Ubuntu, so I restarted the machine F12 (boot option) and chose the Integrated Flash HD ... blahh It has no boot (*boor Error) .. it appears it had made its swap on the Primary HD of the lappy(I assume).

So can anybody help me out.. how to add to create an option for the *Grublist to have the choice to boot the Primary HD of Mac OS X

Ofcourse you need to help me out figure out what's the name of that Partition to set up the grublist thing.. I am certain the OS X is still inside since right now (in Ubuntu) it shows the OS X *mounted HD inside *Computer*

(there is no difference on partitions/installing from Linux Mint 7 - Its based the same as Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 / I brought it here since you guys help much better, they lack on support on these cases)

thanks would appreciate the little help

sendblink23
June 9th, 2009, 05:48 AM
anybody wants to give it a try & help me out

I just need a way to figure out the MOUNT (path) of the Primary OS .. and well adding it to the Grub List Menu .. that's all I need help with