PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade[READ]

Sebastian3297
June 9th, 2009, 03:41 AM
OK, so just to make it short: I downloaded the KDE interface and installed it for ubuntu 8.4, then(while running kubuntu) i got the message to upgrade to 9.04(its happening right now) will this upgrade ubuntu at the time or will it cause errors? it says updating kubuntu to version 9.04. Should i stop it and upgrade from gnome or is it fine to continue?

Right now i am taking a guess that its upgrade the core of the system regardless of the interface but i need someone to help me out here, i dont wanna do a clean install all over again haha.
Please help.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

cariboo
June 9th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Whatever you do do not stop the ugrade, just let it finish, hopefully you shouldn't have any problems.

The suggested way of doing an upgrade is to disable any ppa's and third party repositories, then make sure you are fully up to date, then do the upgrade.

Once you are finished Ubuntu may not work properly, so do whatever upgrades it suggests.

Sebastian3297
June 9th, 2009, 02:13 PM
OK, so morning update. Everythign updated fine...i seem to be running kubuntu now and not ubuntu...[even the boot up screen says so], gonna test it out for an hour or two and hope no issues come up, liking the interface so far though, little eye candy.