PDA

View Full Version : Downloading for the correct MD5

oogabooga1979
June 9th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Hi there,

I'm trying to install either Ububtu desktop or Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my Acer Aspire One. The WinXP is a piece of crap, and seems to magnify the problems that you get when you get an underpowered machine.

Anyway, I've tried downloading both iso files, but when I check them against the official ubuntu hashes, they never match. I've tried downloading on the netbook itself and downloading on my MacBook, but no luck. Can anybody share a more reliable way to download these files, or maybe some tricks that I can use to improve the likliehood that I'll get the right thing? I considered just buying the DVD off of amazon, but I'd like to install it and start playing with it right away.

Thanks!

zvacet
June 9th, 2009, 05:49 PM
If you still have iso on your comp download same iso with torrent and point download to the folder with existing iso.Torrent will just check for corrupted files and replace them with good ones.after that run md5sum (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM) again.

oogabooga1979
June 10th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Yes. The torrent worked perfectly! I was able to download both the UNR and the desktop. Downloading with the torrent (i used utorrent, well, "mu-torrent," but I can't figure out how to type that character) was MUCH faster than downloading directly from the website too.

Thanks for the help!