PDA

View Full Version : steps to improve my python knowledge?

WinterWeaver
June 8th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hi all!

I'm a qualified Graphic Designer, but have a much stronger talent in programming and coding than in design. So obviously, I started with development a bit late in my life.

So I'm wondering if anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve my python and programming knowledge in general, keeping in mind that at the moment I cannot afford any courses or certifications.

I'm currently working as a freelance Web developer, using python and django, but because I dont have a computer science backround (or information technology), finding it hard to get a job.

Since I'm self taught, the only way for me to advance my skills, is to work on practical projects, but I need to have something to work on right? Does anyone know of a Open Source Python project I can join?

My current website, should anyone be interested for more background on what I can do, is on: http://andre.smoenux.webfactional.com/

ta,

WW

ghostdog74
June 9th, 2009, 02:25 AM
how about this challenge to you, read the WHOLE Python.org website. :)

insanecrazy4
June 9th, 2009, 03:28 AM
one way i found to help improve my knowledge is by doing programming challenges and learning from other peoples mistakes.