PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE 4 Panel Placement?

izizzle
June 8th, 2009, 10:50 PM
In KDE 4, I can only select the bottom and upper screen edges to place my panel. When I try to select the left or right edges, my panel becomes scattered and I have to move it back. I don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

benerivo
June 8th, 2009, 11:24 PM
What do you mean by scattered? Can you get a screenshot?

izizzle
June 8th, 2009, 11:39 PM
You can see that weird bar through the middle when I put the panel on the screen's right edge. Weird thing is, it works with my other panel. My other panel autohides fine on the right edge, but this one only seems to like the top and bottom edges.

izizzle
June 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Sorry forgot the screenshot in the previous post.

benerivo
June 9th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Yes, that is weird. I've got a feeling that kde4 can't 'stack' panels, so you can't have two panels on the right edge of the screen (i know i can't).

izizzle
June 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I'm not stacking them. One is one the right and working fine. the other I am trying to put on the left but it is acting weird.

benerivo
June 9th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Instead of moving a panel to the side (i also can't do this when i already have a side panel), try right clicking an existing panel and choosing Panel Options > Add Panel. It will eventually add one to the other side of the screen, which for me is stable and usable. Hope this helps...

izizzle
June 9th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Hey! That worked! Lol I feel stupid now :D
However, I will still keep searching on why it wasn't working the other way, because it should.

Cheers!

Chronon
June 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
You shouldn't feel stupid. Just because you found a workaround doesn't mean this is intended or wanted behavior. It might be worth checking to see if there's already a bug report.