PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install adobe shockwave player

Ubuter
June 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Is there any whay that I could install adobe shockwave player? I need t to play a game. If you need a link I will happily supply.

s3MA00RRNY
June 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I have no firsthand experience, but one lady at my computer group was telling me that Shockwave is not available for Linux. You could try installing it under Wine, but I'm not sure if that would work.

Ubuter
June 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I have no firsthand experience, but one lady at my computer group was telling me that Shockwave is not available for Linux. You could try installing it under Wine, but I'm not sure if that would work.
I could try that... but idk...

Hund
June 8th, 2009, 11:17 PM
You can install the Windows version of Firefox and Shockwave in Wine. That should work. :)

Ubuter
June 9th, 2009, 01:11 AM
You can install the Windows version of Firefox and Shockwave in Wine. That should work. :)
i'll try than tell you latr if it workz

Ubuter
June 9th, 2009, 01:24 AM
well when I open up firefox up in wine, it dows not seem to load, when I tried to use ubuntu firefox at the same time, internet seemed to be down. went back to windows firefox. clicked stop loading. went back to ubuntu firefox, and things semmed to be back to normal. so I conclude that Windows Firefox in Wine does not work. Just for the record it was firefox version 3.5 beta 4.

Hund
June 9th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I just installed the latest stable version of Firefox in Wine and Shockwave. Firefox runs just fine for me.

Ubuter
June 9th, 2009, 05:01 AM
I guess I'll try again...

Ubuter
June 9th, 2009, 05:03 AM
well firefox is working... installed shockwave, now gunna try a game..

jurusu
January 30th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Are there any other ways of installing shockwave without using wine?

jwflammer
March 29th, 2010, 03:53 AM
not that i know of, i have done the wine step and it seems you need windows Firefox as well as shockwave player. but for me the newest version of Firefox and shockwave don't work for the most part. but thats ok Linux was not made for games :P

BlackHawk9401
April 3rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Did it work when you played a game Ubuter?

Chronon
April 3rd, 2010, 03:39 AM
You can install flash but there is no shockwave player for Linux.

http://www.adobe.com/products/shockwaveplayer/productinfo/systemreqs/

kenizl86
January 25th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Apparently not. It seems it's just one of those things with a very long and involving process. More companies need to recognize Linux as an OS and start supporting it more (it's very frustrating having to do 20 steps and find out later that for some reason it won't work with your computer).

lisati
January 25th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Apparently not. It seems it's just one of those things with a very long and involving process.
Particularly when the previous post in this thread was nearly 3 years ago.

Old thread closed.