PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Software permitted download on ubuntu 9.04

daisy87
June 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Am new to ubuntu- I just install it 2d -and it diff frm Xp- lve this new software but wntd 2 knw if can download skype, messenger or flash player to watch movie from youtube????
Or to download song frm website?

Can I download Messenger or other chat program and the different software stated above on my 9.04 ubuntu?

kiridude
June 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
You can use all the things you mentioned in Ubuntu although the installation process will be different from window. Do some research, or post back if you get confused.

pmlxuser
June 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I definately know that there is a linux version of Skype, flash player.

the best way to find out if a program is available for ubuntu is to just search the net ie google with the phrase like

"skype for linux" or "skype for ubuntu"

Some of the programs you have listed have an ubuntu installtion package..else at least a linux installation package..

joyneo04
June 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
look for skype first you have to download the software from the website and then yoy have to follow the instruction...fort more details you can follow the thread mentioned under.....

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7419936#post7419936

Partyboi2
June 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Am new to ubuntu- I just install it 2d -and it diff frm Xp- lve this new software but wntd 2 knw if can download skype, messenger or flash player to watch movie from youtube????
Or to download song frm website?

Can I download Messenger or other chat program and the different software stated above on my 9.04 ubuntu?
Hi, to install flash player open a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and install with

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree