PDA

View Full Version : Try my custom Ubuntu 8.10 system!

ezsit
June 8th, 2009, 06:18 AM
EZXFCE 150 - CD - 654.9 MB
http://geekconnection.org/users/ezsit/ezxfce/ezxfce150.iso

Like the F150, this is the basic model with some optional equipment standard. You get XFCE for your desktop along with some of the standard XFCE utilities, such as mousepad editor, calculator, terminal, and xfburn. You also get k3b and k9copy from the KDE pool to make burning CDs and DVDs easier. Mplayer, Listen music player, RipperX and SoundConverter round out the multimedia apps.

For your internet surfing pleasure Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype, gftp, Liferea feed reader, Transmission bittorrent client, Kompozer, Java, Flash, and Wifi-Radar is installed and ready to run. HPLIP is present, along with CUPS for your printing needs. Graphics programs include the GIMP, Xsane, xPDF, and gthumb.

System utilities include Synaptic, Remastersys tools, Add/Remove Programs, Startup Manager, and the Ubiquity installer. This is your basic setup with a few extras thrown in to make some of the initial setup and configuration easier and allows the user to select their own additional components.

e0fdec68a81f7ae06e94a0746726c2fe ezxfce150.iso

EZXFCE 350 - DVD - 849.9 MB
http://geekconnection.org/users/ezsit/ezxfce/ezxfce350.iso

Like the F350, this model is full-sized and comes with many optional features. Above and beyond the 150 version, the 350 delivers Disk Usage Analyzer, Print Manager, Search for Files, System Info, and Take Screenshot. Multimedia additions include Audacity, Avidemux, DeVeDe, and VLC. Your office productivity needs are met with OpenOffice 3.1 (directly from openoffice.org). System utilities include everything from the 150 version with Device Manager, Restricted Hardware Driver installer for Nvidia and ATI drivers, NTFS configuration tools, Partition Editor Gparted, System Log, and Windows Wireless Driver installation tool.

The EZXFCE 350 version tries to include all the necessary software choices to deliver a full-featured operating system experience. Both versions of EZXFCE are based on Ubuntu 8.10 with all updates already applied. The Medibuntu repositories are enabled by default and the system contains all multimedia codecs and dvd capabilties.

5829ca5986459cb8d830184a17698a24 ezxfce350.iso

As with my previous releases, these two ISOs are my own personal experiment and do not constitute new Linux distributions, they are merely Ubuntu 8.10 remastered systems that I have chosen to share with any interested people. I do not offer support. Since these systems are based on Ubuntu 8.10, any hardware compatible with Ubuntu should work fine. Any updates and all issues are available through the normal Ubuntu channels.

Above all, have fun.

pwnst*r
June 8th, 2009, 06:23 AM
you're going to need to explain what the F150/350 is for some folks.

congrats on this release.

hanzomon4
June 8th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I'm guessing a truck reference

pwnst*r
June 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing a truck reference

you're from the US, so you don't count as the "folks" i was referring to, but thanks for playing.

xArv3nx
June 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
he posted this on the klikit forums, phoenixos forums, freespire forums, and now ubuntu forums. sheesh.

pwnst*r
June 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
he posted this on the klikit forums, phoenixos forums, freespire forums, and now ubuntu forums. sheesh.

stalker... ;)

ezsit
June 8th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yes, but I did not post this twice on any one forum! Just getting the word out. Now I give it a rest and if anyone likes the remastered ISOs then all the merrier. If not, then so be it. I like my system the way it is and have the opportunity to share it. I sent the word out and now I'm done. Have a great day.