PDA

View Full Version : GStreamermm

poisonkiller
June 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hello there!
I'm trying to create a program in C++ (running Karmic alpha), which uses GStreamermm to play a music file. So I found an example: http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnomemm/gstreamermm/trunk/examples/media_player_gtkmm/
When I try to compile it, I get an error, that playbin2.h and ximagesink.h are missing. So I go to /usr/include/gstreamermm-0.10/gstreamermm to look for them, and they aren't there. So, why aren't they there? I have gstreamer base, good, bad and ugly plugins all installed and libgstreamermm-0.10-dev too. Any suggesions what to do?

SledgeHammer_999
June 7th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I think you need libgstreamermm-plugins-base0.10-dev
And I hope you are using pkg-config to output the correct includes for g++.

poisonkiller
June 7th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Unfortunately such package doesn't exist... I checked Ubuntu Packages, Karmic repositorys etc. And I rechecked the source code, those headers really do exist. :P

SledgeHammer_999
June 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
how about libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev? This surely exists but I don't know if it makes your program compile.

poisonkiller
June 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I have that package installed and included, but my program still isn't compiling.

SledgeHammer_999
June 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I don't know, I am using Jaunty, and there isn't a package that provides playbin2.h here.

What command line do you use to compile? Are you using pkg-config?

poisonkiller
June 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yes, I am using pkg-config. I'm pretty sure I have everything correctly configured. The only problem is, that playbin2.h doesn't exist in /usr/include/gstreamermm-0.10/gstreamermm, but it should exist, since it does exist in the source code (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gstreamermm/0.10/).

poisonkiller
June 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Well... I finally solved it. :D
I compiled it from source and I accidentally noticed, that all the header files weren't created in /usr/include/gstreamermm... but instead /usr/local/gstreamermm... Now everything is working perfectly. :)

SledgeHammer_999
June 8th, 2009, 01:36 PM
good to hear. Keep on hacking on gstreamer. I am too :p