PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Different window manager setups on multi-screen setup?

Alex-H
June 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Jaunty's made a pretty decent job of making my old laptop useful again, so I thought I'd have a go of it on my desktop machine.

The box is amd based, dual core 4800+ iirc, has 8gb onboard (well I got it cheap) and runs an integrated GF6150 gpu. In windows I run a couple of 1920.1200 monitors, the system has just enough to play different 1080p video on each screen.

Compiz-fusion desktop seems to be getting the better of it though, when I go to rotate the 'cube' (I went for the cylinder) it wants to rotate both screens, which apart from being beyond the means of my old pc isn't really what I wanted.

I like to run my email, IM & voice clients on one screen and apps on the other. Quite happy for the second screen to be 'static' for want of a better term, but would like the eye-candy spinny desktop on the other... Is this even feasible?

Thanks,
Alex

xpod
June 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Compiz-fusion desktop seems to be getting the better of it though, when I go to rotate the 'cube' (I went for the cylinder) it wants to rotate both screens, which apart from being beyond the means of my old pc isn't really what I wanted.

If you have Compizconfig-settings-manager installed you can change that setting within the Desktop Cube section.

EDIT:Ignore me.I read it wrong.Although i`m sure it`s possible.

jbruced
June 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Using twinview? clone? separate x?

Video card type?

Alex-H
June 8th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Using twinview? clone? separate x?
That was my question really. It's currently got twinview enabled.

Video card type?
Onboard geforce 6150

Alex-H
June 8th, 2009, 03:44 AM
I've just set it up with seperate x, and it's better, but I've had to change one of my monitors for an old 1680.1050 unit, which I'm using as the secondary. Weird thing is, the primary, 1920.1200, is displaying in the correct resolution, but only a 1680.1050 portion of it is displayed in the top left of the screen, with black bars from 1680<x<1920 and 1050<y<1200. Applications also won't start on the larger screen, they always appear on the secondary.

So close... what the hell am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Alex