PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Change default location of desktop icons?

Cammy
June 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I run a copy of conky that puts mp3 lyrics on my desktop. The place where the lyric appear is on the left side of my screen. Unfortunately, this is also the default location for desktop icons (i.e., if I download something to desktop, or I add a launcher to the desktop by right-clicking something). This is a bad combination because the icons appear behind the conky, and I either have to 1) kill conky to move the icon, or 2) create another icon to use as a "handle" and highlight both and drag it out from behind the conky.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to change where desktop icons appear by default. Anyone have any ideas?

Boondoklife
June 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I run a copy of conky that puts mp3 lyrics on my desktop. The place where the lyric appear is on the left side of my screen. Unfortunately, this is also the default location for desktop icons (i.e., if I download something to desktop, or I add a launcher to the desktop by right-clicking something). This is a bad combination because the icons appear behind the conky, and I either have to 1) kill conky to move the icon, or 2) create another icon to use as a "handle" and highlight both and drag it out from behind the conky.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to change where desktop icons appear by default. Anyone have any ideas?

I have searched many a times for this, but nothing. Might I suggest editting the conky config to place it on the left?