PDA

View Full Version : Linux Superheroes

inspriation26
June 7th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I know that a few comics have been written to promote Linux but has anyone actually made a superhero for a particular distribution and maybe a picture of him/her.

I have two in mind for redhat distros:

Shadowman/Shadowgirl
Ms. Fedora Core \ Mr.Fedora (probably a gadget or side kick)
Buntu Core (man such a rip off of green lanterns)
Archman- simular to pakman

that all the brain children so far....

inspriation26
June 7th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I know that a few comics have been written to promote Linux but has anyone actually made a superhero for a particular distribution and maybe a picture of him/her.

I have two in mind for redhat distros:

Shadowman/Shadowgirl
Ms. Fedora Core \ Mr.Fedora (probably a gadget or side kick)
Buntu Core (man such a rip off of green lanterns)
Archman- simular to pakman

that all the brain children so far....
well i included a bit more hehe

Wiebelhaus
June 7th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I see a caricature of Samuel L. Jackson in a Ubuntu brown player suite. Screaming:

"UBUNTU LINUX ON A ___ PLANE!"

SunnyRabbiera
June 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
No there have yet to be superheroes based on Linux.
But it would be kinda cool...

Though there are the linux OS tans

gashcr
June 7th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I can only thing of a geek dude who can mentally write bash scripts and control ssh sessions... :P

What about neo?? I' sure matrix was based on linux ;)

Name change
June 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Come on seriously??
Why would you do that?

I really don't see any reason too make a Linux comic book hero.
I'd rather see Linux speak for it self as a good and flexible OS.

DeadSuperHero
June 7th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Well, I'd be all for it! Of course, I'd rather explain it through clever metaphors and good writing, I'll see if I can whip something up in my studio!

baseface
June 7th, 2009, 08:01 AM
this is the stupidest thing ive ever seen.

DeadSuperHero
June 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM

I've seen stupider things.

Back on topic, I'm drawing some test characters tonight as this thread has, well...inspired me. I'll post them up sometime relatively soon, if I can get my scanner to work properly.

Edit: How about a guy that brings a live CD to school, gets picked on, and beats the guy up? Sounds like a premise to me!

abhilashm86
June 7th, 2009, 09:45 AM
tux,TUx,TuX,tuX the great linux mascot, he is my hero, he just rocks with awesome avatars:)

he will burn(destroy!!!) winxp cd's:) and aims n shoots @ windows of window users, obvioulsy without opening gates :)

abhilashm86
June 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
here r my SUPERHERO TUX doing his job...........

starcannon
June 7th, 2009, 10:03 AM
http://www.cletis.net/about/gnu_and_tux.jpg

amingv
June 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
No there have yet to be superheroes based on Linux.
But it would be kinda cool...

Though there are the linux OS tans

And I do so wuv them :)
http://www.jkhp.it/OS-tan/desktops.htm

inspriation26
June 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM
if this is stupid to you DON'T READ THE THREAD. Please just dont go bashing me for being creative. I think if superheros based on linux came around that maybe more people would look at it, especially kids. Now would you all mind being nice?

chucky chuckaluck
June 7th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Bloatman

http://omploader.org/vMXNuNw/bloatman.jpg

benj1
June 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
kaptain kde

toupeiro
June 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I see a caricature of Samuel L. Jackson in a Ubuntu brown player suite. Screaming:

"UBUNTU LINUX ON A ___ PLANE!"

LOL If an ubuntu comic ever becomes an animated short, I hope the voiceover sounds like Samuel L Jackson. That would rock!

jbruced
June 7th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Fun, funny thread.

I'd really like some of these ideas materialize.

KDE Man, where did that come from? :lol:

Bodsda
June 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM
here r my SUPERHERO TUX doing his job...........

Why does Tux have to be Anti-Microsoft?

amingv
June 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM

My guess would be every hero needs a villain. That and it's so much harder to draw him fighting off an EULA :).

inspriation26
June 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
To tell the truth, it doesnt need to be anti-M$. We get the point that many of us in the open source community don't like it but its like saying we hate our cousin because when we see him he thows sand in our eyes and blames us for his lost money. You cant hate family can you? I think that a linux superhero should be what you would expect in a distribution, to secure the system from threats like hackers,viruses (believe it or not we get them too. there are some idiots that end up installing root kits without thinking twice), and other forms of cyber attack. Maybe they would most likely fit in a world like second life where the internet is sentiant and as realistic as the real world. Hehe maybe I should look into studing AI huh?

abhilashm86
June 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM

its from my point of view:) i just don't like MS, just a matter of fun:) sorry MS users:)

abhilashm86
June 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
To tell the truth, it doesnt need to be anti-M$. We get the point that many of us in the open source community don't like it but its like saying we hate our cousin because when we see him he thows sand in our eyes and blames us for his lost money. You cant hate family can you? I think that a linux superhero should be what you would expect in a distribution, to secure the system from threats like hackers,viruses (believe it or not we get them too. there are some idiots that end up installing root kits without thinking twice), and other forms of cyber attack. Maybe they would most likely fit in a world like second life where the internet is sentiant and as realistic as the real world. Hehe maybe I should look into studing AI huh?

:) view differs from people to people, its all about promoting opensource :)

Kinetic_lord
June 8th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I can only thing of a geek dude who can mentally write bash scripts and control ssh sessions... :P

What about neo?? I' sure matrix was based on linux ;)

No, it's not. Runs on Windows XP, take a look:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1886349

amingv
June 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
No, it's not. Runs on Windows XP, take a look:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1886349

+1
Very very true:
http://www.snafu-comics.com/comics.php?comic_id=69