PDA

View Full Version : Idea for YouTube vid.

fatality_uk
June 7th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Opening scene:

A small community hall, late at night. 10 chairs arranged in a circle with a diverse group of people sat there. A guy with a clipboard speaks:

"Tonight, we have a new member, Dave. Dave if you would like to introduce yourself to the group?"

A well dressed guy stands up from his chair. Briefcase and papers are down by the side of his seat. Stuttering, he starts to speak

"Hi, I'm Dave and I, I err..., well I use Ubuntu. It started for me with the LiveCD. Well I guess most of you guys know that feeling. You just place a CD into the drive and next thing you have a fully functioning OS, right there from a CD.

I never intended to use it all the time of course.

*Nervous laugh* But I found when I used it, I just got more done. I mean having my Google calendar right there in Evolution, along with my 3 other mail accounts, including my work Exchange account. It was too tempting.

Of course not having to worry too much about trojan's, viruses, and malware meant that I was free to enjoy it."

Cut to the rest of the group nodding and smiling in a supportive way, then a brief glance of a guy sat there with a Samsung NC10, with jaunty running.

It was on a partition at first, well we all know how easy THAT is. It just did it for me. I mean I'm no nerd so I knew I can't be that hard if I did it..."

Camera pulls back while focusing on the well dressed guy smiling as the other members of the group all stand up and shake his hannd.

Fades to black.

Now if I could just come up with a great punchline!!!

Any ideas?

tadcan
June 7th, 2009, 12:29 AM
The first thing which came to mind is the "I do it with Ubuntu" t-shirts.

Or a "Say no to DRM", instead of Drugs.

I studied cameras and stuff for two years. So I know some of the things needed to put together a short video. But I presume its a joke and not a serious project.

Edit: posting when tired equals bad grammar.

xuCGC002
June 7th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Have one lone Windows user raise his hand and say "What about Halo 3?" as the rest of the crowd facepalms.

fatality_uk
June 7th, 2009, 12:37 AM
The first thing which came to mind is the "I do it with Ubuntu" t-shirts.

Or a "Say no to DRM", instead of Drugs.

I studied cameras and stuff for two years. So I know some needed to put together a short video. But I presume its a joke and not a serious project.

Thanks. Nice idea. Not a serious project, just a little something I was thinking about.