PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Where is the background in the theme I just loaded, found?

Dave W.
June 6th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hello,

Another Newbie question...

I'm trying to install themes and I have been successful, but here is my question. Does the background of the theme that I have downloaded from gnome-look.org come with it or do I need to get that from somewhere else. Or is it in the tar.gz and I need to extract it. I guess that I expected it to "appear in the appearance app.

I downloaded 57063-Moomex just for kicks.

Thanks folks.

Dave

Celauran
June 6th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I haven't yet downloaded a gtk/metacity theme that came with a wallpaper. Best bet would be to just untar it and look at which files are included.

Dave W.
June 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks Celauran for your reply. I guess to "untar it" I open it with archive manager and then open the file?
What kind of file am I looking for? Inside there is gtk-2.0, metacity-1, index.theme, and a userChrome.css

After opening them I really don't see anything that resembles a background.

For a situation like mine do I just look for a background that I like and plop it in?

Thanks again,
Dave

cariboo
June 6th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Backgrounds are almost always .jpg or .png files.

Dave W.
June 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks Cariboo907, I'll keep looking. Nothing in the files is really jumping out at me. I think that I'll look at some other themes and see if I can find one that also includes the background.

Dave