PDA

View Full Version : Songbird 1.2 Beta 1

Mohamedzv2
June 6th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Well, so far I haven't seen any threads about this, but this is pretty exciting. New features include:

* Automatically Organize Library Files:
Songbird can now automatically organize the files that are contained in your library. Once enabled, it will consolidate your media in one location. You can customize the structure of the folder and file names based on metadata contained in every track.
* 10-band Equalizer
Now you can tweak the frequency response of the audio playback to match your room’s acoustics or your personal preferences.
* Last.fm Radio:
Last.fm Radio supports artist, tag, and user stations, mapping station links on the Last.fm website to play internally in Songbird. It includes the Radio Directory allowing you to conveniently browse and explore the tag and artist relationships on Last.fm. Additionally, the Radio directory includes quick links for playing stations based on your Last.fm library, your Songbird library, and friends/neighbors’ libraries.

I'm mainly excited about it getting the equalizer. This may make it an even better replacement for iTunes.

nickstu
June 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Songbird is nice... does it have audio cd support? I remember it was one of the missing features that made me switch to another player... and I think usb devices too were unsupported... but everything else was nice

Right now I'm using Exaile and I think I will keep using it for a loooong time :D

Sashin
June 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
HOw does it act in gnome? Can you move it anywhere on the screen (does it stop) and can you move it to adjacent workspaces?

joey-elijah
June 6th, 2009, 10:52 PM
You can add an equalizer to Rhythmbox, btw. People never seem to know this.

sefs
June 6th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I can't get the watch folder feature to work as I expect it too.