PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Compiz Fusion Group & Tab Windows Missing!

Toadinator
June 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
For some odd reason, ever since I upgraded to ubuntu 9.04 I've been missing this pugin. I even checked in synaptic for the installed files for the extra plugins package, and the nessessary files aren't there! Why not? It was there before, correct? I have every single plugin except for this one and it was one of my favorites... Anyone else with the same problem, or did I do something wrong? I already tried re-installing the packages for the record...

clegends
June 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
me too, I miss this. Where is it?

Toadinator
June 20th, 2009, 01:37 AM
bump... anyone got an idea what the problem is?

anechoic
June 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
bump - I have been missing this plugin as well on 9.04
:(

Toadinator
July 22nd, 2009, 05:07 AM
bump... anyone know the problem?

qpa_z_wonsem
August 3rd, 2009, 01:21 AM
same problem here
CompizConfig Settings Manager 0.8.2, same version for other packages.
Group and Tab and other new plugins not in ccsm.

any ideas?

oh! couldn't find any groupandtab.xml in usr/share/compiz

Thanks in advance

beterhans
August 12th, 2009, 04:10 PM
dump I have the same problem
Linux Galaxy 2.6.28-14-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Sat Jul 25 00:28:35 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

Nate8nate
August 15th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I just made it with git.

Here's how

Open Terminal and enter

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-bcop compiz-dev build-essential libtool libglu1-mesa-dev libxss-dev libcairo2-dev git-core

mkdir ~/compizplugins

cd ~/compizplugins

git clone git://anongit.compiz-fusion.org/fusion/plugins/group

cd group

make

BUILD_GLOBAL=true sudo make install
Restart Compiz or log out.
It should show up in CCSM.

SoftwareExplorer
August 15th, 2009, 03:52 AM
That's very odd, I have the plugin and I didn't have to build anything from source.
Do you have compiz-fusion-plugins-extra, compiz-fusion-plugins-main, compiz-plugins installed? I don't even have compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported installed and I have the plugin.

From the files the various packages install, it looks like its the compiz-fusion-plugins-extra package that has it, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Nate8nate
August 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM
My animations addons plugin was missing too, and building it was the only way I could get it. Others seem to have this problem, too.