June 6th, 2009, 03:19 PM
here is a thread purely devoted to you

my OS would have to be Ubuntu because of pure ingenuity \\:D/

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM
recurring in 3...2...

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
My favorite GNU/Linux distribution from a conceptual viewpoint is either Fedora or gNewSense.

Neither are perfect though, so I'm stuck with Ubuntu.

Dimitriid
June 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM
My favorite would be Arch Linux. I just don't have the time or energy to keep up lately so I am being conservative and using Ubuntu, might even move to only Ubuntu LTS release or Debian.

rookcifer
June 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Gentoo. But I don't use it currently because it requires a special mindset of wanting to tinker, which I am not in the mood for at the moment.

As for the binary distros, I would have to say Kubuntu. I would put Fedora ahead of Kubuntu but Fedora's implementation of Pulseaudio has majorly screwed my whole desktop experience up. If I have Pulseaudio enabled I get kernel oopses, and if I try to remove it, well, it can't be removed. I filed a bug report at bugzilla and had the Pulseaudio dev get snotty with me, as if the bug was my fault somehow (even though a dozen people reported the same problem). So I said screw 'em and came over to Kubuntu.

binbash
June 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM
+1 for Gentoo

The Toxic Mite
June 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I really like Ubuntu, and my favourite derivative of it is Linux Mint.

Besides Ubuntu derivatives, I have always wanted to create my own OS based on Ubuntu ;) :D

dcraven
June 6th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I've used several of the big ones, and my favorites are Debian and its derivatives. I've been using Ubuntu for quite some time now.

In my opinion Debian is the best by design and this design is of course inherited by its derivatives. I've not used a Redhat derivative (Fedora) in quite some time though. Gentoo and Arch more recently.

~djc

chris200x9
June 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
gentoo :D

followed by arch

jrusso2
June 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
It was Ubuntu but I could not use Jaunty on my laptop because of the Intel bug so I am using Mandriva 2009.1 which is pretty nice. But also running into a few bugs but not as major as the Intel bug.

markbuntu
June 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
For my aspire one I am currently using Kuki which is a Jaunty remix especially for the aspire one. Small fast and lightweight, just like the machine.

My fave is still Hardy for the desktop. It has become rock solid and does everything i need.

I also use Jaunty, Mandriva, Debian, and SUSE which are all pretty good. Mandriva is a nice cool blue and SUSE is a really cool limey green sort of color.

donniezazen
June 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Always the latest version of Ubuntu.

Daisuke_Aramaki
June 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Lunar and CRUX