PDA

View Full Version : New Mac OS X Leopard AWN Theme!

Tipped OuT
June 6th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this really. But I wanted to share this with everyone, this is my creation, the first ever actual OS X Leopard dock theme, for AWN. This is version 1.00, so I'm planning on making updates as time goes on, and I hope people will actually use this for there Mac OS X themes. I would really like to spread this around to people, if you know any way I could, please let me now as soon as possible. Thanks, enjoy. :)

Installation:
-Extract the zip file.
-Right click on the extracted folder and select "Create Archive".
-Create a .tar.gz
-Add the .tar.gz file to AWN in the "Themes" section and enjoy.

NOTE: The theme was designed for 1280 x 800 resolution. If the theme does not look as indented, please make a request for your resolution and it shall be done.

MikeTheC
June 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Looks nice. Tweak the menu fonts a bit, I think, but other than that, it looks very solid.

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Very nice. But I'm a fan of circular docks myself. Ones that go in the middle of the screen.

Marce Acosta
July 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hi! Good theme dude!

hakermania
August 27th, 2009, 09:48 AM
yeah...very nice one......but i don't want my ubuntu to look like mac os completely!!!hehehehehe....

hanzomon4
August 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
yeah...very nice one......but i don't want my ubuntu to look like mac os completely!!!hehehehehe....

It won't... but no really, OP you're just a hipster!!!! /sarcasm|joking

binbash
August 27th, 2009, 09:57 AM
tested and working perfect, thanks.

TheNosh
August 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
i will never understand why people do things like this in the first place but i'll pretend for a moment that i do for the purpose of this post.

wouldn't it make more sense to use cairo-dock? it's zoom effect mimics the one in OS X just about perfectly, the zoom effect in AWN does not

schauerlich
August 27th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I've yet to see a decent looking "Mac Look-Alike" package for linux.

Sand & Mercury
August 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM

Neither have I. The principal problems I've noticed is the GTK tool set, window decoration and especially layouts in Nautilus (I only say Nautilus because no one seems to have tried making a OS X-like theme for any other DE). Nautilus just looks totally different to Finder by nature and very little could be done to work around that short of custom code. Window decoration has been almost nailed in the past with Metacity themes but the borders are not anti-aliased. Emerald can do that, but there is no way to get the 'embossed' look the way Metacity does. Buttons and icons are frequently stretched and warped. But anyway, I'm going off on a tangent. :lol:

@OP: Nice work, it does look Mac-ish, but... hasn't this already been done? Like, 1,000,000 times?

imak92
September 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM
can someone please help me i installed the awn program preveously and it worked like a charm i loged out logged in and then it wont start any more i dont even get an error message its like im not opening it
i really like this program can some one please help me

Bearded-flower
November 10th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Out done yourself again bro' you should post some of the cairo themes aswell.

kittywhisper
February 7th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I have a problem with all the AWN themes I install. Can someone help?
Whenever I enable one I get a message saying that the theme is incompatible with the dock.
Please help :)

clicker4721
February 18th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this really. But I wanted to share this with everyone, this is my creation, the first ever actual OS X Leopard dock theme, for AWN. This is version 1.00, so I'm planning on making updates as time goes on, and I hope people will actually use this for there Mac OS X themes. I would really like to spread this around to people, if you know any way I could, please let me now as soon as possible. Thanks, enjoy. :)

Installation:
-Extract the zip file.
-Right click on the extracted folder and select "Create Archive".
-Create a .tar.gz
-Add the .tar.gz file to AWN in the "Themes" section and enjoy.

NOTE: The theme was designed for 1280 x 800 resolution. If the theme does not look as indented, please make a request for your resolution and it shall be done.
I'm not at my home computer, so I cant' download and try it out; what does the "A" folder applet/icon do?

arnab_das
February 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM
very nice theme :)

QED people are obsessed with Mac :D (no offence)

ETbluez
February 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Good Job.

AllRadioisDead
February 18th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Oh my, talk about originality.

arnab_das
February 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
a request to the developer.

this is really an awesome theme for the dock, in my opinion one of the best. even better than the mac4lin theme. why? coz this dock, doesnt 'blend'/disappear in the presence of a white/bright wallpaper.

what i would love would be rounded edges for the dock. that would really give it a polished look.

SamuelMc96
May 30th, 2010, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Tipped OuT;7408620]I wasn't sure where to post this really. But I wanted to share this with everyone, this is my creation, the first ever actual OS X Leopard dock theme, for AWN....

Hi im new to all this so im not sure on how to get that theme so if some one could help me.:(
thanks (from a general noob:confused:)

:KS

2cute4u
May 30th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Personally I don't care about "look-alike", what I'd like to see is a Mac "work-alike"

518Linux
June 15th, 2010, 04:09 AM
sick!

Timmer1240
June 15th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Heres mine!

witeshark17
June 15th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Oh yeah that's nice! 0_0 :popcorn:

djsroknrol
June 15th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Hey Tipped OuT....it's real nice and works great. Thanks for sharing.

Jesus_Valdez
June 15th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Incompatible theme :S

TheNosh
June 15th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Incompatible theme :S

may have something to do with it being a year old and not being updated to the best of my knowledge.

KiwiNZ
June 15th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Given its age I will close this thread .