PDA

View Full Version : Future of Operating System

mthalis
June 6th, 2009, 04:21 AM
I'm thinking about future of OS, but i couldn't clarify what is future. please give me comment about what happen to future our OS.

CJ Master
June 6th, 2009, 04:23 AM
In future of our OS we may can more do stuff.

mthalis
June 6th, 2009, 05:43 AM
I'm wating for your comments..

original_jamingrit
June 6th, 2009, 06:23 AM
A lot of people seem to think that most computers in the future will do much more online, such that the OS only really needs a few basic tools and your web browser. All of your data will be stored elsewhere; all of your music/video/games will be streamed from multicore super-servers, and all of your e-mail will be hosted and stored online, by services like gmail and hotmail. As such, the OS will do less, but maybe also have more focus on encryption and security.

I can see it happening, but personally I don't have to like it :-P. If that does happen, then I am setting up my own server, and maybe host data for a few close friends as well.

Invincible23
June 6th, 2009, 06:26 AM
My apologies on behalf of ubuntu community since we don't employ a in-house prophet who can predict the future.

uberlube
June 6th, 2009, 06:28 AM
My apologies on behalf of ubuntu community since we don't employ a in-house prophet who can predict the future.

What do i not exist anymore???

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Well, I came back in my time machine to tell you exactly what will happen.

The FSF will buy out Amiga and Hyperion. It'll adopt and GPL the designs of the microkernel into the HURD project. Gecko and Webkit will merge into a single engine called Seeker, and an HTML6 compliant browser will come from it that passes the Acid12 test. An upcoming framework from the company Liberated Machines will have created a successful internet framework capable of 3D rendering through an OpenGL subset of HTML code, called slipstream-rendering. All online media will use OGG Theora starting with version 1.65 codenamed "Titan". Meanwhile, the TRON project will have collaborated with the Dalvik stack from Google to create a wonderful MID about roughly the size and shape of an iPod.

I can do this all day, you know.

Firestem4
June 6th, 2009, 06:56 AM
A lot of people seem to think that most computers in the future will do much more online, such that the OS only really needs a few basic tools and your web browser. All of your data will be stored elsewhere; all of your music/video/games will be streamed from multicore super-servers, and all of your e-mail will be hosted and stored online, by services like gmail and hotmail. As such, the OS will do less, but maybe also have more focus on encryption and security.

I can see it happening, but personally I don't have to like it :-P. If that does happen, then I am setting up my own server, and maybe host data for a few close friends as well.

+1

I'm sidetracking a little here: I don't believe in cloud computing and do not have any compunction for having all of MY data stored elsewhere which can be examined at will (regardless of Terms of Use and host-provider discretion).

Argh! No data is safe!!

/Now wheres my tinfoil hat ):P

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
It's okay, Amazon EC2 became a colossal failure in the Storm Wars of 2012. Google, Microsoft, and Amazon started using clouds to DDOS one another in order to "Outperform the competition", I highly recommend not investing.