PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lynksys usb adapter

jsweeny
June 6th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I would like to switch my xp machine that was given to me over to ubuntu. I think that the version is 10.4 not really sure. The disc was given to me. The xp machine I have says my windows copy in not authentic so I want to be lagit so I thought I would do the switch. The one draw back that I have is that I don't know how to install all the drivers and nessecary files for the network card. I have a linksys WUSB54GSC card that doesn't have the software cd but I obtained all that from their website. I have used these forums before and tried to follow the reccomended steps but since I am a beginner ubuntu user I don't exactly understand every thing that the helper was saying to do. Don't really know where to install everything or how to get the ndiswrapper to work. Can anyone help me PLEASE!

cariboo
June 6th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Depending on what version of Ubuntu you have, the current version is Jaunty Jackalope 9.04, you shouldn't need to install any drivers. I would suggest you boot from the LiveCD and make sure all your hardware is working before installing.