PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i made a noob move

knuckle dragging monkey
June 6th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Hi i deleted the bottom task bar or tool bar what ever it's called . The one at the bottom that had my 4 desktops and my trash can and my update manager and the hide programs from desktop folder. anyways it's the setup that was there when i installed ubuntu . so any ideas on how to get it back. Thank you.

lindsay7
June 6th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Right click on the top panel and choose add panel. Then add the applets back if you need to.

knuckle dragging monkey
June 6th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Thank very much but it only adds it to the top bar witch is ok but i thought i needed the bottom bar. so i guess this way will work . Thank you very much.

Didius Falco
June 6th, 2009, 01:07 AM
If you right-click one of the top panels and choose properties, you can move it to the bottom of the screen - or either side. <G>

Regards,

Didius

Celauran
June 6th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Hi i deleted the bottom task bar or tool bar what ever it's called . The one at the bottom that had my 4 desktops and my trash can and my update manager and the hide programs from desktop folder. anyways it's the setup that was there when i installed ubuntu . so any ideas on how to get it back. Thank you.

Right click it and select "New Panel", then right click the new panel (should appear on the bottom by default) and add in whatever you need via "Add to Panel"

knuckle dragging monkey
June 6th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I just did what you said and it worked great thank you all very much. I will sacrifice beer in your names tonight. thank you.