PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever physically fight against a windows lover

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 12:38 AM
This hapend to me about 4 months ago on my class there's a guy who uses windows for years and he's stuck on vista and i started telling my informatics teacher about the good things that linux has and he started looking at me nervously and started saying what an free os it's crap and started telling the others he's a hippy and other things linux is crap and started saying very bad things about me started hitting me since one day i exploded and punched him and he started bleeding all the class said what have you done i said he deserved it and some other guys some friends of mine said it was the right thing to do did anything like this ever happen to you? share you're stories.

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I predict this thread won't end well...

toupeiro
June 6th, 2009, 12:40 AM
This could turn out to be the most entertaining thing I've read all week!

:popcorn:

burvowski
June 6th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I think all of the studying and learning I did today just got erased after reading that post.

Giant Speck
June 6th, 2009, 12:43 AM
So, because a Windows user didn't agree with you, you punched him? What sense does that make? What outcome were you expecting?

"OUCH! YOU PUNCHED ME! QUICK! GRAB ME A LINUX LIVE CD! I'LL INSTALL IT RIGHT NOW!"

:roll:

In before the lock.

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I would just walk away, but I will not hurt someone else physically.

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I punched him because he just started hitting me and saying linux is crap linux is crap started laghuing about anything i said about wise words and i converted some other friends he started sayin to them linux is freaky so it hapend i think it was wrong

-grubby
June 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM
No comment...

toupeiro
June 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I will say that in my single days I got hit on for hours by this one really hot girl at a nightclub because I was wearing a shirt like this:

http://168hours.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/lincommands.png

I was kind of blown away. So I've never gotten hit for liking linux, just hit on.. :D

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 12:47 AM
@dragos240 i've done that thousands of times but i could not stand that torture anymore

schauerlich
June 6th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Well, this seems more like a case of bullying than an "I hate your OS" thing...

dragos240
Hahahahahaa

LookTJ
So, because a Windows user didn't agree with you, you punched him? What sense does that make? What outcome were you expecting?

"OUCH! YOU PUNCHED ME! QUICK! GRAB ME A LINUX LIVE CD! I'LL INSTALL IT RIGHT NOW!"

:roll:

In before the lock.
After reading the whole post, I would expect this "guy" to leave me alone and stop insulting me.

here's a paraphrase of a quote I think about

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation.

Giant Speck
June 6th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I'd really like to know where to find these Windows users that are so into Windows that they'd be willing to physically hurt someone for using Linux, because I've never come across one.

Again, I think this thread is stupid and should be closed.

Sealbhach
June 6th, 2009, 12:49 AM
@dragos240 i've done that thousands of times but i could not stand that torture anymore

Next time he hits you throw a chair at him.

BOXXHED
June 6th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I punched him because he just started hitting me and saying linux is crap linux is crap started laghuing about anything i said about wise words and i converted some other friends he started sayin to them linux is freaky so it hapend i think it was wrong

If it was self defense then fine, otherwise it was pointless.

heroidi
in the third world in Kosova

Sealbhach
I'd really like to know where to find these Windows users that are so into Windows that they'd be willing to physically hurt someone for using Linux, because I've never come across one.

Again, I think this thread is stupid and should be closed.

It's school, it can be about anything. You remember school?

toupeiro
June 6th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Next time he hits you throw a chair at him.

or black pepper.. You'll be hurt, but he'll be cryin'.

Giant Speck
June 6th, 2009, 12:52 AM
It's school, it can be about anything. You remember school?

Yes, and I don't remember fights happening over computers. Hell, I don't even remember seeing fights in general.

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:52 AM
in the third world in Kosova

Do you mean you live in a third world country?

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 12:53 AM
We'll call it self defence or something like that but it's still annoying that he still says those things when i mention the word linux again i hate violence

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 12:53 AM
We had a war 10 years ago kosova is in europe it's the newest country in the world

Regenweald
June 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM
This hapend to me about 4 months ago on my class there's a guy who uses windows for years and he's stuck on vista and i started telling my informatics teacher about the good things that linux has and he started looking at me nervously and started saying what an free os it's crap and started telling the others he's a hippy and other things linux is crap and started saying very bad things about me started hitting me since one day i exploded and punched him and he started bleeding all the class said what have you done i said he deserved it and some other guys some friends of mine said it was the right thing to do did anything like this ever happen to you? share you're stories.

LOL. I could not imagine myself getting into an argument with someone over Linux vs Windows, far less a fight. But whatever may have precipitated the actions, I'm really not into having people putting their hands on me. Disagree with me, prove your case, call me names if you can't manage intelligent conversation, but do NOT place your hands on me.

It was unnecessary, but i can't honestly say i'm mad at you. This is not linux vs windows. Two adults had a disagreement, one encroached on another's space unjustifiably and got struck for his actions.

Next time, find something better to fight over though. :)

toupeiro
June 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM
We'll call it self defence or something like that but it's still annoying that he still says those things when i mention the word linux again i hate violence

Good god man, that autosignature hurts my mind... ;)

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:57 AM
We had a war 10 years ago kosova is in europe it's the newest country in the world

It's small, I'll give it that

Giant Speck
It was unnecessary, but i can't honestly say i'm mad at you. This is not linux vs windows. Two adults had a disagreement, one encroached on another's space unjustifiably and got struck for his actions.

This is probably the best thing that has been said so far.

FalloutMan
Do you mean you live in a third world country?

more info here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo)

Sounds kinda familiar to the middle east :O

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2009, 01:01 AM

wow, you sure are some tough guy. that's one of the most retarded reasons i've ever read to punch a guy.

congrats on that award.

Sealbhach
June 6th, 2009, 01:02 AM

You still have UN troops there? What countries are they from?

I remember when Bill Clinton ordered the bombing of Kosovo, the missiles came down like rain. Do you remember any of that? (I hope you don't mind me asking).

Sealbhach
June 6th, 2009, 01:03 AM
wow, you sure are some tough guy. that's one of the most retarded reasons i've ever read to punch a guy.

congrats on that award.

The guy hit him first.

lethalfang
June 6th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Where's the youtube video?

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2009, 01:04 AM
The guy hit him first.

previous to that.

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah UN troops are still here they're from Germany Italy France Us but now something called EULEX is here i was in albania in the bombing time as a refugee i was 5 years old or something like that i'm really getting tired i'll go now i'll post later tomorrow in this thread because it's 02:05 of the morning and i have a LUG meeting in the morning and i'm the organiser ):P see ya 7 hours later

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah UN troops are still here they're from Germany Italy France Us but now something called EULEX is here i was in albania in the bombing time as a refugee i was 5 years old or something like that i'm really getting tired i'll go now i'll post later tomorrow in this thread because it's 02:05 of the morning and i have a LUG meeting in the morning and i'm the organiser ):P see ya 7 hours later

take a breath. punctuation.

Regenweald
June 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Since you actually asked for shared stories,
One time, way back in form 2, i came into class and saw one of the troublemakers kicking around my brand new schoolbag, books and all. My parents were not the richest, and i got mad at how this idiot was disrespecting the hard earned money that my mother had spent to buy me a bag and my books. So i had at him :) threw him around class for a bit, till he was just holding on....One of the deans walked by, mid fracas.
I was basically a good student so the dean just wagged his finger at me and said to cool it. Then left.

That's one of the two lil scraps i've been in in my LIFE.

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 01:13 AM
The guy hit him first.

yeah he hit me first

Chilli Bob
June 6th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with OS debates. It sounds like the "windows" guy was just a regular bully, and bullies will use any excuse to beat up someone else. So I say good on you for hitting him back. They only way to deal with bullies is kick the crap out of them. High school was a bad experience for me until I learned that simple rule.

chucky chuckaluck
June 6th, 2009, 01:27 AM
i blame this fight on a vitamin D deficiency. in my view, the combattants need to take some time to reflect on the lack of direction their lives are going in.

CharmyBee
June 6th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Violence is low and not a solution to anything (except for pest removal). I just accept their choice on what they use, and move on.

phrostbyte
June 6th, 2009, 01:55 AM
In my younger years have physically fought with many people.. but I never asked if they were "Windows lovers" beforehand. So I will have to say "maybe" to this. :D

benny bronx
June 6th, 2009, 02:03 AM
I am confident in saying that the guys I threw hands with back in the day didn't own a book, much less a computer.

Tipped OuT
June 6th, 2009, 02:06 AM

Wow, physically fighting over which operating system is better. Sad...

brian183
June 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I have a feeling this would have the same outcome over any subject. Sounds like that guy deserved it.

It seems like he's the type of person that doesn't accept change too easily or is really stubborn on how he does things. Combine that with the fact his way isn't working and someone else is trying say another way is better. I can see why he would react that way and ultimately deserve a punch to the face.

Good job.

Tipped OuT
June 6th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I have a feeling this would have the same outcome over any subject. Sounds like that guy deserved it.

It seems like he's the type of person that doesn't accept change too easily or is really stubborn on how he does things. Combine that with the fact his way isn't working and someone else is trying say another way is better. I can see why he would react that way and ultimately deserve a punch to the face.

Good job.

You're being sarcastic right? Beating up someone because they don't like the operating system you use is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. (Unless he physically harmed you in any way, then your actions would be more justified).

TT

rookcifer
June 6th, 2009, 02:45 AM

He wasn't mad at you for using Linux. He was mad at you because your tutorship made him flunk Freshman composition.

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 02:52 AM
You guys live sheltered lives. I was born and raised in WindowsVille, Illinois. I had to deal with the ultra-conservative pro-Micro$oft lifestyle. I lived in a Micro$soft house. Every time I woke up, I had to listen to M$ mom drone on and on about my breakfast routine. She sometimes asked "Can I help you with that?" about everything. It was hardcore difficulty central.

One day, I was walking to school when I saw a guy with a bullet-proof vest. Bruises battered his face, and I could tell that he was bleeding. He stretched out his hand and gave me the Ubuntu Edgy CD.

"Come on, kid." he moaned, with tears streaming down his face, "I'm not gonna make it, this software has to live on! It's better than *******!"

He pressed the blood-stained CD into my hands, and collapsed. I snuck this disc home. What was Edgy? Was it a virus? Government data? I booted it up on my shiny corporate Macbook, and ran the installer. Within minutes, the police broke into my home, and threw me to the ground. They slammed my head against the wooden bedpost.

"Linux-loving SCUM!" they screamed. I threw my Vista install disc, which was surprisingly aerodynamic. It sawed off the first officer's head, and I ran with the laptop.

As I sit in this underground bunker now, I hope and dream of a day that I can escape this horrible town. Several of the other members of my LUG died last week; no funeral was held.

So don't complain to ME about getting a little punchy punchy from the Corporate Mindless. Wear that bruise with pride, and remember who you are.

jsmidt
June 6th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Yeah violence isn't the way.

I try to limit the number of Windows users I exchange blows with to 2-3 a week. Man, it it amazing how much coercion some people require before they will delete their Windows partition and install Ubuntu in its place.

I've been lucky, so far nobody has gotten away with the "oh you use Linux" look without losing their Windows install and becoming a new Linux user themselves.

benny bronx
June 6th, 2009, 03:33 AM
What fantastic marketing! "It's either Ubuntu or a beat down. Well, what's it gonna be, punk"?

xuCGC002
June 6th, 2009, 03:34 AM
This is one of the funniest fights I've ever heard of. :D

EDIT:

You guys live sheltered lives. I was born and raised in WindowsVille, Illinois. I had to deal with the ultra-conservative pro-Micro$oft lifestyle. I lived in a Micro$soft house. Every time I woke up, I had to listen to M$ mom drone on and on about my breakfast routine. She sometimes asked "Can I help you with that?" about everything. It was hardcore difficulty central.

One day, I was walking to school when I saw a guy with a bullet-proof vest. Bruises battered his face, and I could tell that he was bleeding. He stretched out his hand and gave me the Ubuntu Edgy CD.

"Come on, kid." he moaned, with tears streaming down his face, "I'm not gonna make it, this software has to live on! It's better than *******!"

He pressed the blood-stained CD into my hands, and collapsed. I snuck this disc home. What was Edgy? Was it a virus? Government data? I booted it up on my shiny corporate Macbook, and ran the installer. Within minutes, the police broke into my home, and threw me to the ground. They slammed my head against the wooden bedpost.

"Linux-loving SCUM!" they screamed. I threw my Vista install disc, which was surprisingly aerodynamic. It sawed off the first officer's head, and I ran with the laptop.

As I sit in this underground bunker now, I hope and dream of a day that I can escape this horrible town. Several of the other members of my LUG died last week; no funeral was held.

So don't complain to ME about getting a little punchy punchy from the Corporate Mindless. Wear that bruise with pride, and remember who you are.

This is another one. :lol:

wersdaluv
June 6th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Chill, dude. That's just software. That's hardware punch. haha

PurposeOfReason
June 6th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Your e-peen is so big right now.

Sealbhach
June 6th, 2009, 03:51 AM
you guys live sheltered lives......

So don't complain to me about getting a little punchy punchy from the corporate mindless. Wear that bruise with pride, and remember who you are.

epic!!!

collinp
June 6th, 2009, 03:56 AM
The most useful thing said in this thread so far.

chucky chuckaluck
June 6th, 2009, 03:56 AM
i wonder if dana white has any interest in sponsoring a ufc distro.

unknownPoster
June 6th, 2009, 03:58 AM
You guys live sheltered lives. I was born and raised in WindowsVille, Illinois. I had to deal with the ultra-conservative pro-Micro$

I stopped reading at the "$"
It's almost as bad as getting in fist fights over an OS.

hansdown
June 6th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Not to detract from the original OP, but Mr. Psychopath, your post

bespeaks an intellect, and an insight into the human condition

that is ,(maybe only from my perspective), very interesting.

uberlube
June 6th, 2009, 04:06 AM

this has to be the longest sentence ive ever read :tongue:

schauerlich
June 6th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I stopped reading at the "$"
It's almost as bad as getting in fist fights over an OS.

If you had continued to read his post, you would have discovered that its use was ironic and meaning to mock those who use such passive aggressive measure to "fight the good fight."

You've obviously never read Faulkner.

CharmyBee
June 6th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I can imagine the threats to do one though.

"How would you like to be symlinked to /dev/null?"

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I can imagine the threats to do one though.

"How would you like to be symlinked to /dev/null?"

Imagine the slew of "Yo' Mama" lines...

Yo' Mama's so fat-she couldn't even FIT into a 32bit Allocation Table!

Yo' Mama's so stupid-she heard Ubuntu came with GNOME, and cleared space in her garden for it!

collinp
June 6th, 2009, 05:47 AM

And it just keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going...
Oh god.

NFblaze
June 6th, 2009, 07:40 AM

congrats on that award.

You think thats retarded. Well, back in elementary school there were these 2 classmates, one of them had stolen my pencil. When I confronted them they kept tossin it back and forth over my head, laughing at me. For some reason to me it was agonizing me the teasing, the theft of my property, and I had an anxiety rise and spill out.

So I grabbed one my classmates by the hair and shook them up side to side until they started crying. Not a punch, but anyway if you weren't there or arent the person involved you dont know all the variables that go into it. If I were to just have said I fought over a pencil. That would be the most retarded thing to alot of people. Though, with a little back story it kinda lessens it.

ghindo
June 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Best thread in ages :popcorn:

Riffer
June 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_English_sentence

Giant Speck
June 6th, 2009, 08:03 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_English_sentence

My brain doesn't have the storage space to remember a sentence with 3,000,000 words in it.

I'd rather just be happy knowing the shortest sentence in the English language: "Go."

schauerlich
June 6th, 2009, 08:13 AM
My brain doesn't have the storage space to remember a sentence with 3,000,000 words in it.

I'd rather just be happy knowing the shortest sentence in the English language: "Go."

What?

brian183
June 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
You're being sarcastic right? Beating up someone because they don't like the operating system you use is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. (Unless he physically harmed you in any way, then your actions would be more justified).

TT

See that's why I made my first couple sentences on one paragraph. This could have been in any other situation. The person deserved a punch no matter WHAT the topic was.

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM
See that's why I made my first couple sentences on one paragraph. This could have been in any other situation. The person deserved a punch no matter WHAT the topic was.

best thing said so far

WatchingThePain
June 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Physically fighting to prove which OS is better?, that's dedication.
I hope you urinated on him to mark our territory.

Maybe this counts as a benchmark test?.

Tipped OuT
June 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM

You don't even know the person, and no one deserves anything. The right thing he should of done was, let it go and get on with his life, unless that guy was putting his life in danger, there was no need to punch him. He could of just walked away.

Sometimes I feel like only me pwnst*r are the ones with sense in this place. Oh well. =P

GeneralZod
June 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
this one time a guy claimed that tab completion is better in the windows command prompt since you can cycle through available choices and don't have to type the next letter so i broke his arm in three places and knocked him out with his own liver

lets see you tab complete with all your fingers in slings ha ha

The Real Dave
June 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM

In that case if a teacher actually hit you, thats abuse, an illegal. Report him to the police, or to the school.

heroidi
June 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
the teacher didn't hit me but the classmate

The Real Dave
June 6th, 2009, 11:18 AM
the teacher didn't hit me but the classmate

Ah ok. If someone hits you, hit em back. Nuf Said.

If he feels that pasionately about Windows, let him have Windows. He wont know the pleasure of using Linux :D ;)

WatchingThePain
June 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
this one time a guy claimed that tab completion is better in the windows command prompt since you can cycle through available choices and don't have to type the next letter so i broke his arm in three places and knocked him out with his own liver

lets see you tab complete with all your fingers in slings ha ha

HAHA and did you eat him with Beans and Chianti?.

Once right I was just walking down the street and these thugs came up and said "you look like a Linux geek", then the first one tweaked my nose and said "We are gonna put Windows on your pc". It was then that I just lost it and pushed their car upside down pulled up a small tree and started whacking them.

chucky chuckaluck
June 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM
me and davy crockett once tried to fight off a whole army of windows users (we were using alamo linux at the time). unfortunately, hal was just in it's pre-alpha stage back then, but if it had recognized our gatling gun, ozzie osbourne would have known better.

billgoldberg
June 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I would just walk away, but I will not hurt someone else physically.

Yeah right.

CharmyBee
June 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well I was in several physical fights in the past once...but it was over me not owning any PSX, N64 or Saturn consoles, being an isolated PC gamer. And they didn't have computers.

hyperdude111
June 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.facepalm.org/

.Maleficus.
June 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I don't see how anyone can congratulate the OP on this - nobody here actually knows the full story. Sounds like the OP and offending Windows user need to just grow up a little.

Name change
June 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
In a last attempt to shut this thread down:
Are you sure this was completely due to OS dispute or was also a an ethnic dispute and the OS was just a reason why?
Anyway don't get in much fights and I would never go in a fight over OS.
Hey one of my best friends is using Windows and is always asking me when I'll come back and whether or not Windows 7 will change my mind. Well it won't but it's no use getting all physical over that.
But I guess your schoolmate is the one to blame as he supposedly started it.
And probably uses a pirate version of Windows anyway...
At least that's how it's done in Slovenia :D.

Should I apologize for bringing in the ethnic dispute in this thread?
I feel a bit guilty, as we were all brethren then Slovenians decided that it was the end got out and didn't do enough to help other republics...

bapoumba
June 6th, 2009, 04:32 PM
This thread has run its course. I'm not sure we are willing to hear about additional fights, real or imaginary and embellished. Spoiling the fun and closing the thread. *punch*