PDA

View Full Version : Where to complain against a moderator?

BOXXHED
June 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
After having a perfectly ok post removed, where may I complain?

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2009, 12:09 AM
this is the place! rant away!

BOXXHED
June 6th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Lol, no I do not wish to rant, only complain!

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Perhaps ask the moderator why. Mods around here are very nice and kind. I doubt they did it for no reason.

CharmyBee
June 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Linux commercial games - you better like FPS...

Smells of an advertisement attempt!

BOXXHED
June 6th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Smells of an advertisement attempt!

How on earth does that smell of "advertising"?

I was trying to point out that most commercial Linux games are FPS!

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM
How on earth does that smell of "advertising"?

I would say just because of the title it was removed.

BOXXHED
June 6th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I would say just because of the title it was removed.

What's wrong with the title? Please enlighten me!

-grubby
The resolution center.

mousestalker
Perhaps ask the moderator why. Mods around here are very nice and kind. I doubt they did it for no reason.

Lies!

Just the other day I was browsing these forums. I had a cup of coffee and a donut. I had just reached a post by a moderator, who shall remain nameless for reasons that will shortly become obvious, when I realized my cup was empty. I left the screen at the moderator's post and the donut beside the keyboard to go get some more coffee. When I returned, the donut was gone! The forum moderator's avatar looked fatter though. I think the evidence speaks for itself here.

The moderators are donut stealers!

toupeiro
Not to speclate that that is the reason your post was removed. but if it was ... yeah, thats pretty lame. Advertisement? Smells like the truth to me.

Anyhow, the place would be likely in the Forum feedback and help/Resolution center.

Cheers

cariboo
June 6th, 2009, 12:21 AM
If you have a complaint, go to the Resolution Center (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123) and enter your complaint there. I'm the mod involved, so I won't close the thread.

CharmyBee
June 6th, 2009, 12:22 AM

Not just linux but of any kind. And it's boring. Tactical grid-based war games, deep combat flight simulators, are all dead in the mainstream. It's pointless to point out the FPS genre is the majority in Linux since it's the majority of any platform capable of 3D graphics.

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Not just linux but of any kind. And it's boring. Tactical grid-based war games, deep combat flight simulators, are all dead in the mainstream. It's pointless to point out the FPS genre is the majority in Linux since it's the majority of any platform capable of 3D graphics.

Unless it's portal, it's more of a puzzle, although too short >.<

BOXXHED
June 6th, 2009, 12:28 AM

So because you consider it pointless, I'm not allowed to express my opinion?

Windows has far more non-FPS games than it has FPS.

Unless it's portal, it's more of a puzzle, although too short >.<

Portal isn't native!

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Portal isn't native!

That's true. But it's still a REALLY fun game.

Bungo Pony
June 6th, 2009, 01:36 AM
After having a perfectly ok post removed, where may I complain?

I'm a moderator on a different site. You can complain to me :D

Therion
June 6th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I'm moderately sober and willing to listen...

CharmyBee
June 6th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Before complaining, remember this thing though: This isn't a free speech venue; it is a private forum governed by rules and regulations you agreed to when you sign up, so don't argue about 'rights' for a thread being removed mistake or not. You have a privilege to post here. They can remove anything they wish from their judgment.

I'm not a mod or a staffer (nor do I want to be or act like one), though I do have to repeat a piece of common sense now and then, as a reminder.

dragos240
June 6th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I'm a moderator on a different site. You can complain to me :D

I'm an administrator from another site ^.^

kc3
June 6th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Well, personally I think the moderators here do a great job and seem to stop a lot of problems before they happen. I'm not a moderator or admin on any forums BUT I did used to own a forum host that had roughly 10,000 forums hosted on it that I had full access over if needed :D Well, and I used to have forums on the site too, meh, I sold the site and it went down the drain after that

racerraul
June 6th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Lies!

Just the other day I was browsing these forums. I had a cup of coffee and a donut. I had just reached a post by a moderator, who shall remain nameless for reasons that will shortly become obvious, when I realized my cup was empty. I left the screen at the moderator's post and the donut beside the keyboard to go get some more coffee. When I returned, the donut was gone! The forum moderator's avatar looked fatter though. I think the evidence speaks for itself here.

True story... happened to me too. Although I've prob had too many donuts and he might have been looking after my health

Elfy
June 6th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Lies!

True story... happened to me too. Although I've prob had too many donuts and he might have been looking after my health

I would say it was me, but it wasn't :)

The OP has had his questioned answered so I'm closing this thread before it descends into a blame fest for the world wide shortage of doughnuts.