PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Saver : "Pictures" folder disable random-ness

joejoy
June 5th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Currently photos under "Pictures" folder is displayed Randomly. Does anyone know how to disable this random-ness and force it to display sequentially?

Thanks

joejoy
June 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Any ane know how to do this??

Thanks,

PureLoneWolf
June 11th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I am not entirely sure what you mean by random? Is it completely random, or is it the same each time..just not in order?

One of my major gripes with filenames is that lowercase and uppercase names throw Nautilus a loop, so for example (with my videos) TV.Show.S01E01 will display AFTER tv.show.s01e09 in my list.

That probably doesn't help at all, but thought I would mention it

joejoy
June 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Its actually not in order.

With my current setup. I have many sub-folders under "Pictures" folder.

I was expecting it to go over all the pictures in one sub-folder and then move on to the next sub-folder. But thats not the case.

PureLoneWolf
June 12th, 2009, 09:48 PM
You could look for a batch renaming tool and make sure all of the files are consistently named - Same for folder names

ie, if you choose to name something Folder01 then make sure all other folders follow a similar pattern Folder02 Pictures01 etc and the same for files

That said, I am not entirely sure if it can follow folders as you need - Sorry

joejoy
June 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks.

I have not tried this suggestion. But I think it will work.

Its kind of bad that this can't be easily configured in Linux. My windows machine has this option.

Thanks.