PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to increase popularity of Ubuntu

praveesh
June 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hi all,
If you have any suggestions to increase the popularity of Ubuntu , please tell . These are my suggestions :
1. Advertisement : advertisements should be made to make the name 'Ubuntu' popular among the people . Only the quality aspects of Ubuntu should be mentioned in the advertisement . That is ,opensource development and free of cost should not be included in the advertisement. Around the globe , most of the people dont know about Ubuntu . Some people think that Ubuntu is a power less os to run only in netbooks. These two problems should be eliminated with the advertisement.
2. Netbook : Now there exists a wonderful opportunity for the linux distros to gain popularity in netbooks . With excellent management techniques this can be achieved (windows is trying their best to prevent linux getting popularity in netbooks). Popularity in netbooks will open a way to become popular in the desktop.
3. Designing : Use the skills of professional designers to make Ubuntu beautitul (yes they are doing that ), because first impression is the best impression
4. KDE : Give a little more consideration for the kde ,since it is evolving as the most powerful DE. More over people coming from windows vista/7 wont like powerless Gnome (that they might think). More over ,they will find kde very similar to win
5. 0 Bugs : There should have zero bugs in the Ubuntu cd , because bugs will make a user think Ubuntu is a crap.
6. Make commercial softwares available : Canonical should make agreement with the software companies like adobe and games companies to port their apps to Ubuntu . Because there doesnt exist any killer games for Ubuntu & there is no perfect alternative for apps like photoshop.
There are my opinions . If you have any objections or have more suggestions , please tell

aysiu
June 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
1. Advertisement : advertisements should be made to make the name 'Ubuntu' popular among the people . Only the quality aspects of Ubuntu should be mentioned in the advertisement . That is ,opensource development and free of cost should not be included in the advertisement. Around the globe , most of the people dont know about Ubuntu . Some people think that Ubuntu is a power less os to run only in netbooks. These two problems should be eliminated with the advertisement. I disagree. Advertising an OS is like advertising ingredients for a hand lotion. People don't want to buy ingredients for hand lotion. They want to buy hand lotion. Likewise, the vast majority of computer users do not want to download, install, and configure their own operating systems. They want to buy computers with an operating system already on them.

If you're going to advertise anything, advertise Ubuntu-preinstalled or Linux-preinstalled computers.

You want the message to be "Go out and buy this" not "Go out and burn this and then troubleshoot all the ensuing potential problems."

2. Netbook : Now there exists a wonderful opportunity for the linux distros to gain popularity in netbooks . With excellent management techniques this can be achieved (windows is trying their best to prevent linux getting popularity in netbooks). Popularity in netbooks will open a way to become popular in the desktop. And popularity of Linux netbooks will happen only if Linux users actually buy netbooks that have Linux preinstalled on them. If we have a lot of Linux users buying a Windows-preinstalled netbook only to install Linux on it themselves, then OEMs will offer fewer and fewer Linux netbooks options, because the Windows netbooks will continue to be the ones that bring in revenue.

3. Designing : Use the skills of professional designers to make Ubuntu beautitul (yes they are doing that ), because first impression is the best impression Beauty's great, but function matters more than beauty. I bought the HP Mini with the Mobile Internet Experience preinstalled. MIE was extremely beautiful... but totally unusable. I went back to vanilla Ubuntu because I could use it.

4. KDE : Give a little more consideration for the kde ,since it is evolving as the most powerful DE. More over people coming from windows vista/7 wont like powerless Gnome (that they might think). More over ,they will find kde very similar to win What's so powerless about Gnome? How is KDE similar to Windows any more than Gnome is similar to Windows? If you say because it's blue or has only one panel, I'm afraid I can't take you seriously.

5. 0 Bugs : There should have zero bugs in the Ubuntu cd , because bugs will make a user think Ubuntu is a crap. There's no such thing as zero bugs, but I do agree that there are too many bugs reported well before release that the developers just never get around to.

Of course, you could try hiring more developers, but I think the developers should for now focus on a few select models (maybe netbooks?) that they get all the kinks out of. As Ubuntu gets more and more funding, maybe they can hire enough developers to get out all the major kinks for all systems.

6. Make commercial softwares available : Canonical should make agreement with the software companies like adobe and games companies to port their apps to Ubuntu . Because there doesnt exist any killer games for Ubuntu & there is no perfect alternative for apps like photoshop. Ubuntu's already on the way to doing this, much to the RMS-lovers' dismay. I believe they're working on something called a Ubuntu App Centre.

By the way, Photoshop and graphics-intensive commercial games are nice things to have, but those are niche markets you're addressing. The vast majority of computer users do not need those things (they'd be fine with GIMP or gaming consoles like the Wii).

There are my opinions . If you have any objections or have more suggestions , please tell I've already given my feedback to your suggestions. I have some very practical suggestions for Ubuntu users in the meantime: Vote with your wallets. Buy Linux preinstalled. If you absolutely must buy Windows preinstalled, at least buy only peripheral hardware that is Linux-friendly. These actions send a very real (monetary) message to OEMs and hardware manufacturers that supporting Linux matters. Think long-term (more Linux options in the future), not short-term (I want this model now, and it doesn't support Linux). Don't be a zealot. The best way to turn people off to Ubuntu in particular and Linux in general is to force it down people's throats and berate them for using Windows. Be a friendly, available resource. If an opportunity comes up to talk about Linux, just talk about it. Don't get all evangelistic. Keep submitting bug reports. Yes, it can be frustrating if you submit bug reports and they keep getting marked as "in progress" or "invalid" and never actually fixed, but it's the primary way of communicating to developers just how much work is left to be done. Write Good Documentation. New users do not want to feel lost. They want guidance. Terminal commands are okay for troubleshooting and diagnosing problems. If people want to know how to do common tasks, though, show them the point-and-click way to do it. If you have some extra time and energy, throw in a screenshot or two. It goes a long way to helping people feel welcome and comfortable.

Skripka
June 5th, 2009, 06:15 PM
[ /thread ]

HappyFeet
June 5th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I just hand out live cd's of Linux Mint and let them make their own decisions. If nothing else, they are now more aware of linux and have at least had a taste of it.

Tipped OuT
June 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
By the way, Photoshop and graphics-intensive commercial games are nice things to have, but those are niche markets you're addressing. The vast majority of computer users do not need those things (they'd be fine with GIMP or gaming consoles like the Wii).

Aww, and you were going so good until you said that. ](*,)

Yes, they do not need those things, but they want those things. Those are some of the most common reasons why people don't switch over to Linux, no Photoshop, and no commercial games. The whole "use a console to play games" thing is really old, especially since gaming is the best when you do it on a PC. Why? You can add mods, increase the graphics as you please, and pretty much have everything in your control. Not to mention you do not have to spend 500+ dollars on a new console every time new generation of games come out.

Gimp is not a good replacement for Photoshop, I really don't want to get started on that...

aysiu
June 5th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Yes, they do not need those things, but they want those things. Actually, they don't.

As I said before, those are both niche markets.

Anyone who can tell the difference between GIMP's capabilities and Photoshop's capabilities is probably a professional artist, photographer, or graphic designer; and most people are not professional arts, photographers, or graphic designers.

And I hate to break the news to you but most people play one or more of the following: no games at all, silly small games (Tetris, Solitaire), or console games (Wii, XBox 360, PS3).

The high-end, graphics-intensive, commercially sold computer games are a niche market. Only power users play that stuff. Sorry to burst your bubble.

More details here:
Gaining Perspective on PC Gaming (http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/gaining-perspective-on-pc-gaming/)

RiceMonster
June 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Gimp is not a good replacement for Photoshop, I really don't want to get started on that...

It is if you're not a professional and don't do anything advanced (like me). I only know one person who the gimp is not good enough, and that's someone who's entering a career in web design.

nothingspecial
June 5th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Don`t go on about it!

pwnst*r
June 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM
[ /thread ]

indeed.

uberdonkey5
June 5th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Best thing for promoting it is:

have computers preinstalled (with all necessary codecs and WORKING software, and a flash looking design that looks superior to windows).

...that's it.

ddrichardson
June 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Not to mention you do not have to spend 500+ dollars on a new console every time new generation of games come out.
I was with you on this argument up until here - what about the near constant increase in graphics hardware requirements in the last few years? That's why I opted for a console - it might have been expensive but if I buy a game for it I know it'll run.

oldsoundguy
June 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Really, the best way is to have the system work out of the box on COMMON hardware and to KEEP working after updates without resorting to a lot of cut and paste in terminal. Then word of mouth from NON TECHNICAL users to other NON TECHNICAL users will spread the usage!(since they are the MAJORITY of users.)

Right now, they are not there. CLOSE .. but common things such as the video display (on high end cards and displays) and sound (especially DIGITAL output sound) are just a PITA for the non tech! (part of the blame lies at the feet of the card makers, but not ALL of the blame!)

And then there is the complete crap shoot on laptops .. that will take a LOT of time to correct.

aysiu
June 5th, 2009, 09:08 PM
And then there is the complete crap shoot on laptops .. that will take a LOT of time to correct. If it's preinstalled, it's not a crapshoot.

Have you ever seen a self-proclaimed "computer illiterate" take a Windows CD and install it on a blank computer? It's not a pretty sight (and it's worse if it's XP and a SATA drive).

There's a reason Microsoft doesn't want OEMs selling computers with no OS or with Linux on them.

ddrichardson
June 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
And then there is the complete crap shoot on laptops .. that will take a LOT of time to correct.
A quick Google will tell you any problems that people have run into with laptops in Linux and given the cost of a laptop surely most would do some research?

Tipped OuT
June 5th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Actually, they don't.

As I said before, those are both niche markets.

Anyone who can tell the difference between GIMP's capabilities and Photoshop's capabilities is probably a professional artist, photographer, or graphic designer; and most people are not professional arts, photographers, or graphic designers.

And I hate to break the news to you but most people play one or more of the following: no games at all, silly small games (Tetris, Solitaire), or console games (Wii, XBox 360, PS3).

The high-end, graphics-intensive, commercially sold computer games are a niche market. Only power users play that stuff. Sorry to burst your bubble.

More details here:
Gaining Perspective on PC Gaming (http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/gaining-perspective-on-pc-gaming/)

I guess there most be a lot of "power users" out there. I really am frustrated, because I'm a gamer myself.

I was with you on this argument up until here - what about the near constant increase in graphics hardware requirements in the last few years? That's why I opted for a console - it might have been expensive but if I buy a game for it I know it'll run.

You don't have to upgrade your hardware constantly, you can just lower the graphic details. Like I said, you have everything in control.

aysiu
June 5th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I guess there most be a lot of "power users" out there. I really am frustrated, because I'm a gamer myself. Yes, there are a lot, but they are still the minority.

Unfortunately, right now they're also the most likely group to migrate to Linux. Since Linux preinstalled options and general awareness of Linux are limited, the people who tend to use Linux are the ones who seek it out and install and configure it themselves--namely, power users.

Tipped OuT
June 5th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, there are a lot, but they are still the minority.

Better then nothing, I always say. :)

ddrichardson
June 5th, 2009, 10:50 PM
You don't have to upgrade your hardware constantly, you can just lower the graphic details. Like I said, you have everything in control.
And you could keep the console you have so either approach works, the point is though you know a PS3 game is going to work. If I want to pick up a game for my kids for example, I just buy it - not needing to check the specification.

Tipped OuT
June 5th, 2009, 11:09 PM
And you could keep the console you have so either approach works, the point is though you know a PS3 game is going to work. If I want to pick up a game for my kids for example, I just buy it - not needing to check the specification.

Well then you're not a gamer, so whatever works for you works. It's not hard to buy games that work for your PC. As long as you have a decent amount of RAM and a good graphics card, there is nothing really to worry about. Any ways, I'm done with this thread.

TT

LowSky
June 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I guess there most be a lot of "power users" out there. I really am frustrated, because I'm a gamer myself.

I'm my house there is only me who uses a computer for gaming, so 1 in 5, as for my closest friends and I, its again only me and that's like 1 in 15, and those are outliers. The gap becomes larger the more people you add from the population. Basic statistics, your test sample might give different results.

If you are a true power gamer that isn't an option, playing games at low resolutions and lower frames per second annoys many gaming aficionados. That is why consoles have become ever more popular with gamers and developers alike.

pwnst*r
June 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Well then you're not a gamer, so whatever works for you works. It's not hard to buy games that work for your PC. As long as you have a decent amount of RAM and a good graphics card, there is nothing really to worry about. Any ways, I'm done with this thread.

TT

although i have a ps3 and a 360, i also have a 1 month old gaming PC that i love. that being said, you don't have to only play pc games to be a "gamer".

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
although i have a ps3 and a 360, i also have a 1 month old gaming PC that i love. that being said, you don't have to only play pc games to be a "gamer".

I don't get it. Then again, I've always hated gaming console controllers. Never owned a console-a few hours on a friends' box years ago was enough for me to never want to waste money on one.

It isn't as if recent games are that hard to get to work on the PC platform anyway. The biggest PITA in my memory to get working on PC was HL2, but that was due in part to ATi's POS drivers they wrote for Windows at the time.

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I don't get it. Then again, I've always hated gaming console controllers. Never owned a console-a few hours on a friends' box years ago was enough for me to never want to waste money on one.

It isn't as if recent games are that hard to get to work on the PC platform anyway. The biggest PITA in my memory to get working on PC was HL2, but that was due in part to ATi's POS drivers they wrote for Windows at the time.

um, what don't you get? i don't play FPS on consoles though, let's make that clear.

ddrichardson
June 6th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Well then you're not a gamer
Because I have a console? People have been "gamers" since before there were PCs.

praveesh
June 6th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I disagree. Advertising an OS is like advertising ingredients for a hand lotion. People don't want to buy ingredients for hand lotion. They want to buy hand lotion. Likewise, the vast majority of computer users do not want to download, install, and configure their own operating systems. They want to buy computers with an operating system already on them.
If you're going to advertise anything, advertise Ubuntu-preinstalled or Linux-preinstalled computers.
You want the message to be "Go out and buy this" not "Go out and burn this and then troubleshoot all the ensuing potential problems."

Two months ago ,I have seen an advertisement of AMD in tv which says about the quality of their processor like multimedia support,multytasking etc . Now I see the advertisement of Intel too. It is the processor companies not the computer manufacturers who advertises . The advertisement about Ubuntu must not say" use Ubuntu " . The advertisement is not to make people download Ubuntu ,but to make people aware of the existance and quality of Ubuntu. Since linux is free many people belives that it is low quality . Many people not even know Ubuntu . Even if a vendor offer them a linux preinstalled machine , they will refuse to accept . Thats why I say about advertisement . Advertisements have great impact no people . Atleast they will make the name Ubuntu familiar to the people . If the adds are more excellent,they will make the people aware of the quality of Ubuntu . Finally:windows also advertises

Beauty's great, but function matters more than beauty
Of course the function matters more . Now the Ubuntu functions out of the box . If more beauty is added to it , it will become more and more excellent

What's so powerless about Gnome? It is not my opinion(yes Gnome is powerful). People with little linux experience who come from windows says that . Compared to graphics intense vista/7 they says Gnome looks like win 95 . Many of my friends told me like that .

By the way, Photoshop and graphics-intensive commercial games are nice things to have, but those are niche markets you're addressing. The vast majority of computer users do not need those things (they'd be fine with GIMP or gaming consoles like the Wii). Many of the enterprises need to run only a few softwares . If they are available only for win , they wont use linux. I dont know about rest of the world , but in India there is no OEM windows problem because everyone use assembled pc and gets an opportunity to choose between OSs. So more enterprises will use linux if commercial softwares are available(photoshop is inevitable in studio works). Enterprices are important since canonical gets revenue from them.

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
OK, let's compare 1995 GUI's against the latest and greatest linux desktop. Please. Are you serious?

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I still want the Ubuntu community to do a "Spread Ubuntu" campaign, with video demonstrations as well as explanations of how it can work on every machine.

Also, Canonical could do something crazy awesome, like sponsor Warped Tour.

aysiu
June 6th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Two months ago ,I have seen an advertisement of AMD in tv which says about the quality of their processor like multimedia support,multytasking etc . Now I see the advertisement of Intel too. It is the processor companies not the computer manufacturers who advertises . The advertisement about Ubuntu must not say" use Ubuntu " . The advertisement is not to make people download Ubuntu ,but to make people aware of the existance and quality of Ubuntu. Since linux is free many people belives that it is low quality . Many people not even know Ubuntu . Even if a vendor offer them a linux preinstalled machine , they will refuse to accept . Thats why I say about advertisement . Advertisements have great impact no people . Atleast they will make the name Ubuntu familiar to the people . If the adds are more excellent,they will make the people aware of the quality of Ubuntu . Finally:windows also advertises There's a big difference between advertising components that are already familiar parts of readily available consumer items and advertising components no one has heard of and can't easily find on a consumer item.

People are used to seeing Intel and AMD and Windows when buying a laptop from Dell or HP. They are not used to seeing Ubuntu. If they don't see Ubuntu and just end up Googling it, they'll get an .iso download, and not a system.

Microsoft knows if they advertise Windows it means people will buy HP, Dell, Sony, Acer computers with Windows preinstalled on those computers. They don't think people will buy Linux-preinstalled computers and then buy Windows licenses to install and configure Windows themselves.

But at this point, when virtually no one has heard of Linux for desktops/laptops/netbooks, advertising "Ubuntu Linux" will mean advertising an .iso download and not a preinstalled system.

Better to advertise a system they can buy.

uberlube
June 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM
"Suggestions to increase popularity of Ubuntu"

Strike a deal with McDonnalds to hand out a free live CD with every happymeal.

ddrichardson
June 6th, 2009, 10:29 AM
"Suggestions to increase popularity of Ubuntu"

Strike a deal with McDonnalds to hand out a free live CD with every happymeal.
Which leads back too Aysiu's point - if it doesn't then work OOB on their likely to be diverse hardware then we've introduced millions to something that doesn't work like their copy of Windows does, without ever getting across the reasons to try Ubuntu.

Given it's a download and the target audience is computer litterate then some sort of viral campaign might be an idea.

praveesh
June 6th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I bought the HP Mini with the Mobile Internet Experience preinstalled. MIE was extremely beautiful... but totally unusable. I went back to vanilla Ubuntu because I could use it.

Please tell why mobile internet experience is unusable?. Is it possible to install software in it?. Is there synaptic in it?

praveesh
June 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Ok

aysiu
June 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Please tell why mobile internet experience is unusable?. Is it possible to install software in it?. Is there synaptic in it?
I have a very detailed blog entry about it:
My HP Mini Mobile Internet… Experience (http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/my-hp-mini-mobile-internet-experience/)

praveesh
June 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Iam really sorry for this reply after reply . It is due to the complaint of my mobile browser or due to its incompatibility with Ubuntu forum. When I try to edit my reply, another reply is automatically generated

Icehuck
June 6th, 2009, 05:35 PM
If it's preinstalled, it's not a crapshoot.

Have you ever seen a self-proclaimed "computer illiterate" take a Windows CD and install it on a blank computer? It's not a pretty sight (and it's worse if it's XP and a SATA drive).

FYI - WinXp has no issues with installing on a SATA drive. The only way you might have run into an issue was if you got WinXP before service pack 1 (2002). This would mean you would have to hit "F6" during the install to provide the drivers for that particular drive. Not difficult and definitely not complicated.

Oh, and yes I have seen "computer illiterate" people try to take a Windows CD and install it on a blank computer. I've also seen the same people get angry because they couldn't set the time on their VCR.

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
FYI - WinXp has no issues with installing on a SATA drive.

You obviously don't do many XP installs. The recovery cd's that come with a computer will obviously contain the sata drivers. But the retail versions of XP DO NOT have sata drivers. This is a well known fact to those in the business. I'm sorry if you were told otherwise.

aysiu
June 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Oh, and yes I have seen "computer illiterate" people try to take a Windows CD and install it on a blank computer. I've also seen the same people get angry because they couldn't set the time on their VCR. That's precisely my point.

Linux won't get any real traction with the general public if we expect people to download, install, and configure it themselves. Preinstalled is the only way it won't be a "crapshoot."

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 06:25 PM
You obviously don't do many XP installs. The recovery cd's that come with a computer will obviously contain the sata drivers. But the retail versions of XP DO NOT have sata drivers. This is a well known fact to those in the business. I'm sorry if you were told otherwise.

I've used my WinXP SP2 disk (OEM), and never had SATA driver issues.

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 06:27 PM

OEM is NOT retail version. 2 different animals. RETAIL version DOES NOT come with Sata drivers. How can I make it more clear?

ddrichardson
June 6th, 2009, 06:27 PM
That's what he said dude - OEM is not retail!

ddrichardson
June 6th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Damnit that's twice in two posts ;-)

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
OEM is not retail version. 2 different animals.

Fair enough...although honestly, who is foolish enough to spend $200+ on a retail Windows, when you can go on NewEgg and get OEM disks for 1/2 the price or less?

jflaker
June 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
the MISCONCEPTION is that windows works out of the box (YEAH, SURE!)

The only way to prove this untrue is to have 2 identical systems side-by-side and install Windows on one and Ubuntu on the other.

The end result (besides the fact that Windows takes almost an hour to install): Windows will "work", but never have all the hardware working "OUT OF THE BOX" where Ubuntu has ALL hardware in an operational state "OUT OF THE BOX".

This point REALLY needs to be brought home about Windows...OEM installations work because all the externally supplied drivers are already put into place.

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Fair enough...although honestly, who is foolish enough to spend $200+ on a retail Windows, when you can go on NewEgg and get OEM disks for 1/2 the price or less?

People that don't live in the US?

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
This point REALLY needs to be brought home about Windows...OEM installations work because all the externally supplied drivers are already put into place.

People forget that. Try installing XP on a "newish" computer. It will be an exercise in frustration. You will be far from done once the install is finished.

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
People forget that. Try installing XP on a "newish" computer. It will be an exercise in frustration. You will be far from done once the install is finished.

Remember, XP is over 8 years old.

Try installing Vista, and things are much more tolerable in terms of hardware working. Heck Win7 works OOTB as well as *buntu Ibex did OOTB on my box-which is to say all hardware worked, if not to full ability (but at least monitor to native resolution, and audio works etc).

aysiu
June 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Remember, XP is over 8 years old.

Try installing Vista, and things are much more tolerable in terms of hardware working. Heck Win7 works OOTB as well as *buntu Ibex did OOTB on my box-which is to say all hardware worked, if not to full ability (but at least monitor to native resolution, and audio works etc).
Really?

My mom can't use her special Chinese character-writing stylus with Vista, because the Vista drivers for it are buggy.

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Really?

My mom can't use her special Chinese character-writing stylus with Vista, because the Vista drivers for it are buggy.

Oh c'mon aysiu, we all know windows is perfect, and we linux users are just kidding ourselves into thinking we have something good. We linux users are all just techno masochists that just like spreading FUD. Microsoft FTW! ;)

Skripka
June 6th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Really?

You'll note I said tolerable. ;)

HappyFeet
June 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM

It depends on your definition of tolerable. For me, it is not tolerable. But if you are talking about the unwashed masses, then maybe.

Icehuck
June 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM

I must be performing miracles at my workplace then. I never have issues with sata other then the occasional "f6" to add drivers to my deployment image. This image gets deployed to over 5000 machines so I can't see it as a miracle.

aysiu
June 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM
But there are stable drivers for it in XP, the 8-year-old OS.