PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with installation of ubuntu 9.04-HELP

daisy87
June 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hi,

the reason that i decided to use ubuntu is that it is really easy to use and that my pc is constantly crashing...

I bought this pc last yr and during the yr got 7 times software crash.

So my pc is crash again and I follow the instruction of downloadin and burning ubuntu 9.04 from another pc. however, when I am installing the software - I am getting a problem at the step 7- with the swap+ said 'input/output error during read on /dev/sda and if press IGNORE had the following message- creation of swap space in partition #5 of SCSI1 (0,0,0) (sda) failed.

And its move me bck to step4. at step 4 -said that no operating system-which is normal since pc system crash and ask use entire disc (which i usually selected) or manual. but when selcet manual- it a really headache coz I dnt understd this stuff of partition or swap.

Can someone help me -please.

daisy87
June 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
moreover, when i add a sme partition-ask me to check root file from partition..blabla bla
Can smeone help me understd how it works?

pmlxuser
June 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
sorry is the crashing of your computer related to the ubuntu install only or it crashed even in windows. because if i were you i would try to replace the HDD first. because it looks the problem is with your HDD.

daisy87
June 6th, 2009, 04:07 AM
the crash is related to the windows...
I should change HDD- okie -ll try-thnk u

daisy87
June 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
finally i wre able to install ubuntu :D