PDA

View Full Version : New Website

BslBryan
June 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I recently created a website because they are useful to have around. :-) It's nothing special at all, but I'd like everyone's opinion on it.

http://bryanlbasil.webs.com/

The Experience/Contributions page is pretty much a clone of my wiki, but without the testimonials. :lol:

monsterstack
June 5th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Looks pretty neat. That's one big-*** book, too.

Edit: *** is filtered? What about donkeys!?

BslBryan
June 5th, 2009, 06:50 AM
*** is filtered? What about donkeys!?

It's an utter sin.

keplerspeed
June 5th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Nice, clean layout, clear to read. Nothing that sticks out at me for improvement, well done! Good to hear from someone around my age.. Maybe its just where im from but not many teenagers use or a willing to try linux.

about **** http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1169565&highlight=filtering

BslBryan
June 5th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks a lot. :-)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Though I've convinced some of my friends to try Ubuntu by just bringing my laptop to school this last year. :lol:

open_coder
June 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Very nice, I like it.

I am going to be revamping my blog shortly. I have been considering squarespace because over this summer i got inundated with web work and I don't really want to add more web coding to my pallet.

For me, converting people is about patience. When I first started using Linux, only one of my friends was even vaguely interested and that was from a purely geek point of view. And this was way back before compiz and cool special effects (Man, im getting old). Slowly though, I started introducing them to features. Now they all run Ubuntu on at least one machine. Its pretty cool

WatchingThePain
June 5th, 2009, 09:52 AM
It's Good. Especially the bit about West Ham ;)

The Real Dave
June 5th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Nice :D I remember using Webs.com a while back :S Didnt turn out so well :lolflag:

Kingsley
June 5th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Cool, you go to Mercer. I plan on going there or to UGA for Pharmacy school in the next year or two. Your website has a nice layout.

Winterheart
June 5th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hey, congrats, it's very stilish. I like the template. I have a site at webs, too. Thanks for sharing with us.

BslBryan
June 5th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks, everyone. :-)

It's Good. Especially the bit about West Ham ;)
I'm forever blowing bubbles...!

markharding557
June 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
your web site is good
you are a very gifted young man use that gift well

BslBryan
June 6th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Thank you very much. :-)

DeadSuperHero
June 6th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Pretty nifty stuff! Just move that left nav bar over a few pixels to the left, and it's PERFECT.

Well, perfect for that site anyways. I won't dabble into the philisophical meaning of "Perfect".