PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Geek Squad?

Wiebelhaus
June 5th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I've been lead tech at the same joint for five years with no benefits and I'm thinking about moving on. If you work there or did what did you think about the company?

Thanks.

LowSky
June 5th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Seriously man, get some certifications and get a real IT job.
Working any job that doesn't offer benefits then it isn't worth it.

Wiebelhaus
June 5th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Seriously man, get some certifications and get a real IT job.
Working any job that doesn't offer benefits then it isn't worth it.

I'm starting to realize that man , seriously.

And I appreciate your honesty , Thanks.

logos34
June 5th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I'm starting to realize that man , seriously.

And I appreciate your honesty , Thanks.

OTH, at least you have a steady job...a lot of people are losing theirs every day...just slaughter out there...And you'll probably have it for the forseeable future too, given you've been there 5 yrs...Unless Best Buy folds up tomorrow, hardly likely since there's no competition now that CCity, compusa are out of the picture.

Maybe this would be the time to start training (night-school) to position yourself for your next career move (IT or whatnot) when the economy...er..when there's an economy again, ya know what I mean?

Personally I think things are a lot worse than the mainstream media is letting on, and it will get a lot nastier...good thing is anything technology-related is recesssion-resistent (-proof?)...

I'm thinking of retraining as a mortician...Dying never goes out fashion

Wiebelhaus
June 5th, 2009, 03:48 AM
OTH, at least you have a steady job...a lot of people are losing theirs every day...just slaughter out there...And you'll probably have it for the forseeable future too, given you've been there 5 yrs...Unless Best Buy folds up tomorrow, hardly likely since there's no competition now that CCity, compusa are out of the picture.

Maybe this would be the time to start training (night-school) to position yourself for your next career move (IT or whatnot) when the economy...er..when there's an economy again, ya know what I mean?

Personally I think things are a lot worse than the mainstream media is letting on, and it will get a lot nastier...good thing is anything technology-related is recesssion-resistent (-proof?)...

I'm thinking of retraining as a mortician...Dying never goes out fashion

Yea , For sure! I also get to do whatever I want really but it's just going nowhere but someone who isn't working would probably be willing to knock me off to get in there!

And yea! I know a mortician , Years ago I went to visit and she was busy so to speak and she started waving this suction tube (I'm sure you can imagine) in the air waving me towards her and then she started to trust it back in and out (to clean inside - lol) I declined! I like you girl and think your profession is interesting but I don't want to know the mechanics!.