PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz setting/plugin for power sizing

Jimmynemo2
June 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Hello Guys, I've come across a feature in the Windows 7 RC I like, but Im not willing to run windows to get it.

I'm sure compiz has a setting I'm missing or a plugin to find that gets it for me.

In windows 7, if you drag a window to the far side of the screen, it resizes it to take up exactly half the screen- for the ease of putting two windows side by side. I dont care if I get that by dragging or by a key press, but if I can find a way to get side by side windows without having to size them manually, I'd be very glad.

Anyone know the right way to do this in Ubuntu?

ckonestroh
June 5th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Pekwm is the closest I can find ,but it does it in a totally different way allows you to combine windows as tabs.. This is really smart makes the full desktop available for use.... Know all you have to do is select the tab...

Note: You would have to comply from source.... Also this is just the tip of the iceberg...

This is not considered a stable package....

I will look around for more windows managers like Pekwm...

good luck...

Jimmynemo2
June 5th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Hmmm.. I'd have to pass on that- Ive seen tabbed file browsers before, what Im looking for is to be able to easily take 2 windows and size them side by side with the best use of the screen space.