PDA

View Full Version : Signiture thread

balloooza
June 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Well just post somthing, and let us enjoy your signiture
Some are funny, some have hardware specs, and some have links to useful information (why sudo is more secure than su, how to automount ntfs drice... et cetera)

So come from far and near to show off your signitures, maby this will last for a littli while.
BTW, is this better fit for community games?

sisco311
June 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
BTW, is this better fit for community games?
Recurring Discussions?

:)

billgoldberg
June 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Lol wut?

On topic, I have to update my signature, but as always I'm too lazy.

Therion
June 4th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I refuse to post in this thread.

yabbadabbadont
June 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Mine only makes sense if you also know that I use Gentoo.

(which used to show up in my details, but hasn't since the forum upgrade)

Edit: Weird, it didn't show up here even though I had it set prior to making this post...

Sealbhach
June 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Back when I was beginning I put my specs in my signature, haven't changed it since.

SomeGuyDude
June 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Mine should be obvious.

Tews
June 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Learn it, love it, live it!!

texashiker
June 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM
My signature goes to a website that my son and I started. It was really his idea, so I took the ball and ran with it. But my son (he is 15) kinda lost interest in the site, so its mostly my project now. But I still tell him its "our" site, which it is.

Tipped OuT
June 4th, 2009, 07:58 PM
My signature is about propaganda that the media feeds people these days.

mamamia88
June 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
My signature is from one of my favorite tv shows

dragos240
June 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Mine is a reference to the portal commercial.

Ubuter
June 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
is it posable to have a animated gif signiture? h3lp

swoll1980
June 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Mine is pretty damn funny.

yabbadabbadont
June 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
is it posable to have a animated gif signiture? h3lp

No. Although mods/admins might be able to, they have enough sense not to do so. (they would be hunted down and lynched if they did... ;))

Ms_Angel_D
June 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
just some odd's & Ends

Tipped OuT
June 6th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I just noticed something... did the OP spell "signiture" wrong on purpose? :lolflag:

joyneo04
June 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
hey evrybody...its quite good...

jmszr
June 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
balloooza,

I've collected some signatures as I've seen them (what can I say - I amuse easy). Anyway here,with no individual attribution, they are:

Various Ubuntu Forums User Signatures

“ I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.”

Light a man a fire, keep him warm tonight.
Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
Mahatma Gandhi

When I feed the poor, they call me a saint; when I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist- Dom Helder Camara, South American priest

In this space which our eyes grace
A simple way to make alliances between disparate peoples in the human race

To quote Yogi Berra, "In theory there's no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is.”

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare

"Woke up this morning and got myself a beer,
the future's uncertain and the end is always
near..." -- Jim Morrison

24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not!

"He's the kind of guy you go out with to split a bottle with a friend. I'm the kind of guy you go out with to split a friend with a bottle..."

Post hoc ergo propter hoc - one thing follows another therefore the first thing caused the next (fallacy)

He who asks a question looks stupid for 5 minutes, but the one who doesn't ask remains stupid forever.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

Vista is something that Satan looks at and goes "Whoa, why didn't I think of that.”

I believe that intense beer immersion therapy is the only answer.

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

"You all know how stupid the average American is. Now consider that half of them are stupider than that!"

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort".

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

For those who understand Linux, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, no explanation is sufficient.

Name change
June 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
My is quite obvious. But I use different sig in different forums...
My KDE sig the deepest:

The awe and veneration once accorded to gods who supposedly controlled human destinies now belongs to the machines.
-David Lyon Information Society

Then I have few that are about my ability to get any error, bug or misconfiguration on Linux known to man...
And my Ubuntu just links to forums that I'm part of.
I'm a brainstorm mod in KDE forums.
I visit Linsux regularly to vent off all the "anger" that I get because of said ability to get any kind of problem on my Linux.
And Arch and Chakra both inform others of which Linux I use.
And that's that I could edit it, but I'm don't know to what...