PDA

View Full Version : *whats hot whats not on the job market*

kruz
January 15th, 2006, 10:19 PM
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice
i just got my a+ certifications as a kind of something to stand on
but that doesnt really matter as much as i want to know

whats the widest growing part of computers and etc on the market today
what would be a good field to start studying to make big bucks??
the money is just a +, i just wana work with computers in any way possible

tell me what u guys think lets get some debate(not flame) going here

southernman
January 15th, 2006, 11:06 PM
This probably belongs in the chat forum, if anywhere... no?

briancurtin
January 15th, 2006, 11:23 PM
get a degree. an A+ certification is nothing to stand on, really. in many industries, a certification is a way to get canned easier. where i have worked previously; if you have a certification and cant correctly do something related to it, see you later. that should be the issue everywhere, but i dont know because i obviously havent worked everywhere

Mr_Grieves
January 16th, 2006, 01:49 AM
I have no idea, because I don't know what country/city you live in.
It differs what's hot and what's not the the job markets of the world :D

I work with networks today. It's a bit slacky, because the technologies does not change that fast. I would not want to be a programmer.. feels like a bit more stressful job.

ember
January 16th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Well - I don't know exactly what an A+ is, but I guess it means your ready for university, doesn't it?

So I would say:
- If you go there only to get big money, please will you leave, we have enough of those already.
- If you are interested in the topic and you want to make big money: Get a degree in information management, get an MBA and complete very good. Then go for management.
- If you are interested in the topic and you don't care much about money: Great, do some cryptography, networking and security stuff ... at least that's what I like best.

Not to be taken too serious,
ember

kruz
January 16th, 2006, 06:06 AM
very cool thanks for all the info

ya ya money is just a+

i just love working with computers and people

Mr_Grieves
January 16th, 2006, 06:19 AM
i just love working with computers and people
Remeber, that applies on most jobs today. You don't have to become an engineer/techie to work with computers. ;)
Be open minded and go with your heart. Perhaps it's not computers that you want in focus, but people.

As a side note. Certifications are great. Education is great. But.. one must remeber, certifications and educations only proves one thing.
It proves that the person at some point of time, learned to memorized the information required to pass the tests.

We hire both people from Universities, with grand masters in computer engineering, and people without education.
I've noticed that the people with degrees often are pretty dumb with no will to learn new stuff. The people without degrees, they have often a very strong will to learn, improve and make things better. This is ofcourse not anything general, mearly an observation from my part.

drizek
January 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM
you can just get a job that gives good money, and hten work with computers as a hobby. youll have a hell of a lot more fun contributing to linux than you will being a network admin.

poofyhairguy
January 16th, 2006, 09:25 AM
If you want to make great money from working with computers become a lawyer for the RIAA and sue kids that you find downloading things.

Oh....so you want to keep your morals too? This might not be the best industry for you then!

(half joking)