PDA

View Full Version : Lost

serenader22
June 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Just logged in today as new member but can't find the way to make my firsr post.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place but I am lost!

bapoumba
June 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Your account looks okay. Can you post now? I have removed your email from the post so you do not get spammed.

pastalavista
June 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Funny :D you just made your first post...

s.fox
June 4th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum,

What sections are you posting in? The reason I ask is that your bean counter will not increase when you post in non support areas of the forum. :D

-Ash R

-grubby
June 5th, 2009, 01:12 AM
You might have been trying to post in the archive section, which is read-only (no posting).

jenkinbr
June 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Actually, when I reported this yesterday, it was a response to another thread. It was removed to here. I think what the OP is after is how to start a new thread.

To create a new post, you should browse to the forum you want to post in (example: Absolute Beginners Talk (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326)) and click the 'New Thread' Button (it's in a similar location to the 'New Reply' Button in this thread) Give your thread a title, and a body (please make both descriptive, a title should be a breif statment of your issue, while the post should do a reasonable job of describing your problem). When you are done, click submit.