PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] What is your favorite Desktop environment?

Cityscape
June 4th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Only chose one.
You may also tell what you like about your choice.

TheOrangePeanut
June 4th, 2009, 05:38 AM
KDE. Plasma rocks, and I prefer KDE applications to Gnome applications. That's the short story.

37fleetwood
June 4th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Wow! difficult choice! I have to say my favorite is Enlightenment. if you have played with the new e-Live with Compiz (Ecomorph) you will see what I mean. this is particularly difficult since I really also like Xfce especially since 4.6, and LXDE for a small fast system is hard to beat. Gnome and KDE are hard to discount with the full suite of applications, though it makes them a bit slower.
so I guess I would characterize my Linux experience as, I use Gnome as my Daily driver/station wagon desktop, and Enlightenment when I want to put the top down and show off. Enlightenment just makes me smile every time I use it, Gnome gets the job done. most people do like their Ferrarri better than their station wagon don't they? probably should be the other way around but it's nothttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/hotshot66/gif/confused2.gif
Scott

andrea000
June 4th, 2009, 07:00 AM
gnome i think it's cleaner but that's my opinion what it
all comes down to is what the person likes thats what linux
is all about freedom to do what you like.

Mark76
June 4th, 2009, 08:24 AM
You might want to change that 3rd choice. It's LXDE. Not LXCE

And for the record I use ROX (capitalised because it's an acronym)

celticbhoy
June 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Voted for Gnome as its what I use day in day out to get things done, but I also prefer the way E17 blings the desktop up. It just gleams from every corner.

UbuntuNerd
June 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I think over all I like Gnome better :)