PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] background of Gnome panel menus changeable?

keystar
June 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I've adapted my desktop and my Gnome panel a lot, but there is one thing I can't manage:
The background of my Gnome panel menu is still ugly gray and I don't know how to change it. Similar, the background of the active entry in the window list is still gray (I changed the inactive ones as the rest of the panel to blue). Could someone please help me? Is it possible at all? I haven't found anything in the config editor nor in all the preference dialogs. I don't shy away from changing code, so if there is a possibility, please let me know.
And another question, connected to the first one: Is there a possibility to increase the size of the buttons in the gnome panel menu?
Cheers!

gettinoriginal
June 3rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Not sure what you have tried, but you should be able to right click the panel, properties, background, solid color, click on the color bar and select the color you want. Another way is to install gnome-color-chooser, and that will give you more options. As far as your second question, what is it that you are wanting to change the size of, the panel icons, or the icons within the windows menu's. If you right click the panel, and increase the pixels, it will increase the icons, but also the panel size. You can always take the .png into gimp and change it there.

Viva
June 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yes. Install gnome-color-chooser