PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do i go about upgrading my ubuntu partition?

Macfunky
June 3rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I have a computer that i have dual booting with Windows XP and Ubuntu Intrepid. I have a disc with Jaunty on it. Have installed this on another machine and would like to upgrade the Intrepid install on this computer to Jaunty. This computer has no internet connection so i cant upgrade it online. How do i go about installing Jaunty over the Intrepid partition?

pastalavista
June 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
If you download the Alternate CD (not the live CD) it has the option to upgrade as well as full install.

Macfunky
June 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Well i would like to do a fresh install. What i should have asked is how do i do a fresh install on that partition? How do i select just that partition to install it to? If i put the disc in ill get the option to either install it alongside the two already existing partitions or ill get the choice to install to the full drive (which i don't want). Where do i find the option to install it onto the already existing Ubuntu partition?

pastalavista
June 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Choose the 'manual' (not guided) install and when the partition editor comes up, uncheck the 'format' box for all but the partition you want to use.