PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Very few updates now that I'm running 9.04?

caseyb
June 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Before I upgraded from 8.x to 9, I got prompted for updates on a daily basis. Now there are updates maybe once or twice a week.

Are there really that few updates being put out, or is something wrong with my Update Manager?

Is there a web address that lists updates when they are released for different versions so I can check to make sure I'm getting them all?

Thanks. :)

Therion
June 3rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Starting with Jaunty the Update Manager only notifies you weekly and that's IF there are non-security related updates available for downloading. Security-related updates will still prompt you as soon as they're available for download but routine stuff is now checked for weekly.

If you're doing manual checks for updates (as I do) and you're noticing very, very few being available all I can tell you is... So am I.

caseyb
June 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I kinda liked getting updates with with that sort of frequency, but so long as I am not missing anything, it's all good. Thanks!

mcduck
June 3rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
I kinda liked getting updates with with that sort of frequency, but so long as I am not missing anything, it's all good. Thanks!

If you want, it's possible (and very easy) to change the update manager back to the old behavior. But there really haven't been many updates recently.