PDA

View Full Version : Got another reason to say bye bye to Windows.

donniezazen
June 3rd, 2009, 07:54 AM
To my surprise i today discovered that i can voice chat with my gtalk friends using empathy and voice and video chat with my yahoo friends using gyache. Installation is also amazingly easy using the PPA repos. Though my lenovo's internal mic is still not working. but i am on it.

The only reason i have now to keep the windows partition is wireless. My university does not support the Linux.

What is your reason to keep windows?

SK

gashcr
June 3rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
MS Access for a class my little sister is taking at HS, but it is confined to a VM... will be deleted as soon as she passes ;)

donniezazen
June 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
MS Access for a class my little sister is taking at HS, but it is confined to a VM... will be deleted as soon as she passes ;)

It is a personal opinion but i hate virtualization or wine or other things like these. I like to use native Linux apps which is not always possible though.

konnorrigby
June 23rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
I use windowws kuz im sharing a computer and they wud flip to know i have ubuntu on it. i hid it so grub boot windows unless i tel it not to. if they only knew.:(

Eisenwinter
June 23rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Cubase SX 3 and Fifa 2008.

Viva
June 23rd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Cubase SX 3 and Fifa 2008.

FIFA 07 works without a single glitch in wine. Just update the database with the 08 one.

Bachstelze
June 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
AviSynth, After Effects.

paul_be
June 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
the iPhone I purchased before my convert. I have xp running in virtualbox, but my phone bricked on the 3.0 firmware upgrade. Ahh and off to my sister's Vista machine to fix it:(:(