PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to use old firefox and stumble's favorites.

naone
June 3rd, 2009, 03:42 AM
Hi, so...I have the firefox's folder with bookmarkbackups, chrome, searchplugins(...) that I've saved when I was using Windows... but now I can't replace the firefox folder on Ubuntu. I even have the stumble favorites, but I have no ideia on how to put them either. I searched for these on the forum but couldn't find any help yet.
If anyone could help me, well...thanks in advance. :)

presence1960
June 3rd, 2009, 04:07 AM
Your firefox profile folder is located in your home directory. once there hit Ctrl + H to show hidden files. your Firefox folder is .mozilla. Copy your profile folder to .mozilla/firefox folder. Then open a terminal and run
firefox -profilemanager Click create to add a new profile and follow the prompts to select the folder you just copied over. After creating the new profile you can safely delete the old profile.

Be aware that some of your windows add-ons in Firefox may not work. You can remove them and then add the corresponding Linux add-ons from mozilla's site.

TheForumTroll
June 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
You can import your bookmarks from the bookmark menu under Bookmarks > Organize bookmarks.

If i were you I would start from scratch and add everything i need again. That way you know everything is as it should be.

naone
June 3rd, 2009, 04:14 AM
Just got it! Did the html backup, I don't know why I didn't think about that. Thanks for the help!